Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Mod Compilation 5.0 - 'MissionPack Lover Edition'

Small Mod Compilation 5.0 - 'MissionPack Lover Edition'

seven has updated the mission-pack versions of his SMC to bring them up-to-date,
    implenting all of the great newer features from SMC5.0 into the mission-packs!

enflaming monsters with explosive weapons and getting enflamed & poisoned by monsters,
    automagically rotated torches in any map, new fancy-looking magical health-models
    and awesome new powerup effects visible in both 1st-person and chase-cam view

all those features from the SMC since v4.55 are now all implented into both missionpacks!

that isnt all though, there are many more tweaks and features. a full list can be found here
    you can find clips which show of some of the features of the SMC right here

you can get the updated versions of the SMC for both mission-packs < right here >
    Last edited by talisa; 09-02-2014, 03:45 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

I'm loving this thing!

Comment

Thank you for the compilation.
      I hope it does not give the impression that the smc is all about particles.
      Particles are a nice thing to emphasize some things. The gameplay elements (and invisible features) are more important.
      But yes, those are hard to catch in screenshots or video clips...

Comment

yeah, gameplay features are pretty much impossible to show of in still pictures

thats why i decided to focus on some of the visual features in my screenshots instead

perhaps you (or me) can make a short clip some time to show of some of the gameplay features?
        Last edited by talisa; 08-31-2014, 08:37 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

This is beautiful stuff! People, please keep up the good work! This is just as wicked as a juggalo.
          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Yea very nice stuff indeed !
            Downloading , will be great for coop games on the HD TV
            My servers for the gamers:
            bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
            port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
            Offline ATM
            fvf.servequake.com
            flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
            Offline ATM
            newdm.servequake.com
            port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
            sigpic

Comment

if you try it out in coop, let me know if everything works fine

seven mentioned once that the mod isnt optimized for coop and might or might not function perfectly.
              let me know if it does or not so i can perhaps do some coop with it with friends if it works fine!

or if it does you should make a coop server which runs SMC 5.01

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                if you try it out in coop, let me know if everything works fine

seven mentioned once that the mod isnt optimized for coop and might or might not function perfectly.
                let me know if it does or not so i can perhaps do some coop with it with friends if it works fine!

or if it does you should make a coop server which runs SMC 5.01

That is interesting, as far as I understood you already played coop. But my english is not so good, so I most probably misunderstood the sentence:

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                hey seven

well i also like to play the SMC in coop with a friend [...]

There have been some positive and some negative feedback regarding the mod in coop in this forum. I never really tested it. But I *think* that as long as the server uses the same mod and engine, it *should* work. But I am no multiplayer, so I really dont know...

If you want to be sure, and use a tested mod for coop, you could use kleshik. But kleshik is of course extreme in every aspect and changes the gameplay and visuals completely.

Comment

I'm going to be completely honest

I don't actually remember ever playing the mission packs, even though I own them. So I'll try this out when I get my next pc (which should be pretty soon).
                  twitch
                  wew lad

Comment

@seven
                    oh no i havent ever played coop with SMC myself,
                    but i would like to some time if it works fine in coop

Comment

Very nice indeed and what a nice update for the mission packs !
                      Home Sweet Home = Castle of the Damned e1m2 anyone ??

Comment

In case it helps..
                        I've played on several of Polarite's RQuake coop servers (e.g. newyork.servequake.com:26001 and flanders.servequake.com:26001) using Darkplaces + SMC and although my rather low power laptop struggles a bit when the screen gets "graphically intense", I've never really noticed any major problems. I'll play it some more after work tonight and if I spot anything I will of course let you know.

@Omac: Don't feel bad, you're not the only one to have never played the mission packs [ shame mode on]

Kind regards

Monty
                        Mr.Burns
                        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Hello Mr. Burns,

Thank you for taking your time and testing.

But I think, when playing a mod (like you said: RQuake), you will only see the custom "standard-Quake-effects" of the smc, but the gamecode is still RQuake.

Or did you also see the extra monsters for example ? I am no multiplayer, but I think the mod has to be running on the connected server, right ?

So i *think* that if Polarites server was running RQuake, then you also played RQuake on your client, or ? Again, I am out of my league here.

Thanks anyway for testing !
                          Best wishes.

Comment

No problem, happy to help
                            I played using DP + SMC as a client and connected to the flanders RQuake server in Belgium (connect flanders.servequake.com:26001). You are right in that there were no additional Monsters appearing or anything like that, it was purely the "standard" effects and the RQuake enhancements.

Kind regards

Monty
                            Mr.Burns
                            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Maybe, if you and Polarite can find some time in the future, it would be nice if you could test dp + smc running on the server and then play for some time.
                              Just curious to see if the mod is also stable in coop multiplayer.

No hurry, only if you are interested of course ...

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X