Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon Rumble Pack

Rubicon Rumble Pack

This is a five map pack in the theme of the Rubicon 2 mod by metlslime and czg.

Funwad of major mapping talent

The heavyweights of mapping involved include veteran Quake mapper Hrimfaxi,
    Warpspasm author ijed, and much-acclaimed semi-newcomer mfx.

Some of these maps are so huge that they require an
    upgraded BSP format and a special engine.

Attention: The pack requires the absolute latest version of Quakespasm (click here.)

Here is the quakeone.com release thread.

Here is the func_msgboard release thread.

Here's the Quaddicted download link.

Remember to use exactly the required engine, which is for some reason not included in the pack.
    Last edited by golden_boy; 09-14-2014, 02:17 PM.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

trying to play all the new quake maps this year is a full time job thanks guys for keeping the game alive!

Comment

Freaking BADASS! Gonna go launch this up right now.
      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Wow looks great , looking forward to play this ;-)
        My servers for the gamers:
        bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
        port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
        Offline ATM
        fvf.servequake.com
        flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
        Offline ATM
        newdm.servequake.com
        port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
        sigpic

Comment

Heck Yeah!

Btw, GB, good to see the quality news posts lately, you (along with many others obv) are bringing quakeone.com back to it's former glory man! Much appreciated!
          Last edited by =peg=; 09-15-2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

thanks peg, I'll do my best.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

tried this map-pack earlier today myself.

decided to give them a try them even though base-maps are so totally not my thing cuz pics looked great
              but although those maps look great i just didnt enjoy them much cuz im not really much into the base-theme

the maps are great-looking for sure as far as base-maps go, compliments to the people who made them!
              but even though that they for me werent much fun cuz the base-theme just doesnt appeal to me much, and these maps couldnt change that
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                tried this map-pack earlier today myself.

decided to give them a try them even though base-maps are so totally not my thing cuz pics looked great
                but although those maps look great i just didnt enjoy them much cuz im not really much into the base-theme

the maps are great-looking for sure as far as base-maps go, compliments to the people who made them!
                but even though that they for me werent much fun cuz the base-theme just doesnt appeal to me much, and these maps couldnt change that
                I hear you on that, only for me it is the metal based theme. The base is my absolute favorite, but for some reason I never cared for the runic metal stuff, even though I've seen fantastic maps made with it.
                'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
                  Heck Yeah!

Btw, GB, good to see the quality news posts lately, you (along with many others obv) are bringing quakeone.com back to it's former glory man! Much appreciated!
                  I concur with this. Not tooting my own horn here, but I kept nagging GB over it haha. Seriously, at one point GB said "What the fuck mindz?" What are you talking about, I have no PM's from you!"
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Registered here only to tell you how awesome this pack is! Does the 'lobby map' count in with the 5 levels or are there two entire levels that I can't find?

Comment

Smilecythe, there is the start(lobby) map, 3 full levels and then a kind of "credits" map(mfxsp20) which in total makes the five for the pack
                      Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                        [CENTER]Rubicon Rumble Pack

This is a five map pack in the theme of the Rubicon 2 mod by metlslime and czg.

Funwad of major mapping talent

The heavyweights of mapping involved include veteran Quake mapper Hrimfaxi,
                        Warpspasm author ijed, and much-acclaimed semi-newcomer mfx.

Some of these maps are so huge that they require an
                        upgraded BSP format and a special engine.
                        Without question, this mod/map-pack has thrilled the crap out of me! This mod/map-pack has entertained the crap out of me! If I could give this map-pack a grade, I would give it an A+. Seriously, I think that this map-pack should win a trophy. GREAT STUFF!
                        "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I tried the telefragged in the Rubicon pack... I can't pick up any weapons...
                          Any ideas..?

Comment

Originally posted by lentmain View Post
                            I tried the telefragged in the Rubicon pack... I can't pick up any weapons...
                            Any ideas..?
                            Get your "legs" back Until you do, no pickups for you
                            Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

That was real helpful...

Comment

Working...
                              X