X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descent Into Heresy

Descent Into Heresy

a HERETIC mod

Heresy! Two-and-a-half-D? That's not my Quake, buddy. Sprites? Meh. Grenade la... oh.

If something feels familiar here, it's probably the good old Quake weapons!
    osjclatchford created a Heretic mod that should feel very good indeed to Slipgaters.

If you could warm to the idea of blasting your way through hordes of spritey '90s baddies
    wielding akimbo Super Quake Shotguns under a Quake-coloured sky, look no further.

Dr. Latchford administers the goods in this quakeone.com thread and on the ZDoom forum.
    Find additional screenshots there.

You can buy the Heretic & Hexen Collection on Steam for a very fair price.

Last edited by golden_boy; 05-14-2015, 03:59 PM.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

I am IN! Looks like fun. I have a few quake.wads that I play from time to time. I'm going to give it a spin when I get home tonight. I've played Heretic a few times with Quake Ranger under the Samsara wad/mod.

Comment

this mod is definitely swaying me to buy these games.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

This looks great! Going to have to reinstall Heretic to check it out!

Comment

OSJClatchford is humbled

well it sure has been a while...
          Just wow!
          thanks guys quite a shock to see something I've done on the frontpage!

I MUST however also mention sgt.shivers (he's in the credits but thought he deserved a mention here too)who is responsible for the texture pack within this mod. it was said textures pack that got me on to redoing the skies, splashes and a few other bits etc... that's what makes this mod more than just a boring weapons mod for heretic.
          also should mention that the dual supers is not a mandatory feature but in fact an add-on for this mod (based on 4bshot.pak) so don't let this put off you purists LOL thanks a million guys and Its nice to see you all doing so well. as you can see even in the doom community I can't stay away from the slipgate.

thanks again guys and see you on the other side!

Latchford of the OSJC...

Comment

Working...
          X