John Romero Release yet another DOOM level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Romero Release yet another DOOM level

John Romero has been a busy man as of late. With his recent announcement of BLACRKOOM, complete with Kickstarter launch and almost immediate take down of said launch, you'd think he wouldn't have time to do much else.

However, a few days ago, he released his second custom DOOM map this year which is called Phobos Mission Control. You can download it here. The readme states "This is a warm-up for my new classic FPS", which I'm sure is referencing BLACKROOM.

John Romero released another DOOM map earlier this year on January 15th, called Tech Gone Bad. You can still download that map here if you haven't played it yet.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ArrrCee; 05-06-2016, 10:09 AM.

Im curious what it would be like if he would make some quake maps

Also your pics arent showing up in like all the news postings I think, not sure if its just me.. but cool news tho
    The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

What's weird is that he isn't making Doom 2 maps or Quake maps. Looks like Doom 1 is his favourite (mine is UDoom, but same shit).

What's to be curious about, Gems? 20 years of no mapping for Doom, and suddenly, E1M8B and E1M4B come from him, and they are mindblowing for a vanilla map yet he's "warming up" (ironically, John Carmack said that he's "only getting started" at the BAFTA speech). Two words Gems: Mind. Blowing.

In fact, he is working on a 3D game, so why not make a Quake map for the Quakeguys (although I have both maps and played them, that doesn't mean Quake shouldn't have at least map from the creator himself)

Comment

Well I was thinking that mapping for quake is more versatile than for doom because more things can be accomplished with it in more ways.. like maybe there could be a quake level that would look like a doom level (only with 360 degrees of movement) if the textures were brighter or the setting a bit different

And I thought that the quake engine was a progression from the doom one - so it would be a natural evolution.. anyway, maybe this would tickle someone's imagination to make a doomy quake level?lol..

Lastly, although I dont know how to play those new doom levels, because i dont got that game installed, I'd greatly appreciate someone posting a play-through of them in HD.... that'd be awesome, thanks
        The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Working...
        X