Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugwump
    replied
    Yesssss! Thank you, Seven! Tested the updated version and it's perfect. I fiddled with the settings and found that the best values for me are half the default settings.
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-26-2016, 02:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by R00k View Post
    Very nice! im impressed by your speed to produce!
    Hello R00k,

Not really.
    As mentioned, the overlay effect was introduced in the SMC in build v5.40.
    So I only had to edit some effect properties.
    Most time I spent on finding suitable effect textures. The code was already there.

If you are interested you can watch this small clip to see some other applications of the overlay effect from the SMC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlkwRc5oc_M

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post

Awesome! Thanks, Seven. I've just downloaded it, will test later but I'm still wondering about what I asked you in post #18...
    You mean the color palette ? Hehe, you should know me by now...
    I am a modder and my focus is always to make new features which are map indepenent. So I could have record the clip playing DOPA or regular id1 maps or any other fan made maps.
    But due to the fact that you wanted to have it in your Map Jam 8 maps, I chose a map from that pack. I didnt even play Map Jam 8 yet...
    I spend my time on modding rather than playing, otherwise time consumption would be too much. I have a folder with maps I plan to play in the future though (wonder when that will be...)

OK, finished tested it. This is really great but the effects are a bit too intense. Can we adjust their intensity? Also, the effects are reset at the start of each new map and we have to toggle them again. Is it possible to make them persistent from map to map?
    I gave you my hand, now you grab for my arm. LOL
    But no problem, find an updated version in above post. It has ALL your requests included

Have fun,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Originally posted by Seven View Post
    This is the film grain & scratch effect addon

Awesome! Thanks, Seven. I've just downloaded it, will test later but I'm still wondering about what I asked you in post #18...

Edit: OK, finished tested it. This is really great but the effects are a bit too intense. Can we adjust their intensity? Also, the effects are reset at the start of each new map and we have to toggle them again. Is it possible to make them persistent from map to map?

Edit 2: finished testing*
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-25-2016, 10:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Very nice! im impressed by your speed to produce!

on a side note, Qrack can run the AD mod and this map jam too, although you might get an error to increase your cl_max_edicts cvar, it's actually "MAX_EDICTS" cvar (default 4096) but the map jam likes something higher like 8192 or 16384.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello,

This is the film grain & scratch effect addon: DOWNLOAD
    Read the readme for more details.

With this addon you will have the effects as showen in this post in your Quake.

impulse 55 --> toggles film scratch effect
    impulse 56 --> toggles film grain effect

Effect properties can be adjusted via cvars now.

Have fun,
    Seven

EDITED:
    Updated to new version as requested by bfg666
    Last edited by Seven; 10-25-2016, 03:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Most probably. I'm also at Func_, so I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear about it.

Leave a comment:

• manwithnoname22
    replied
    Is it going to be on Quaddicted soon?

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    @Seven By the way, I've just watched your video and the effects are great. However, it seems you've done something wrong: there shouldn't be any color in the start map. Are you using the included palette?

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Added film grain & scratch effects for the Film Noir themed Map Jam 8. Both effects can be used individually or together.
    Using the SMC feature to achieve it.
    Seven, you rock!

You can play them in color when you use their original *colored* textures as external replacement textures.
    Not exactly true. This jam comes with a custom palette so even the original textures will be affected by it. 24-bit textures like QRP won't, however. BUT though some maps use only textures in their original, colored version (mostly from id1 and Kingpin), some others also use desaturated textures. For the former, you can just delete or rename the palette.lmp in jam8\gfx, but the latter will look weird if you don't override the desaturated textures with their original counterparts.

Originally posted by Gem View Post
    I forgot to say, I'm loving the axe from the screenshots, very cool
    It's the standard Arcane Dimensions axe.

On 2nd thought I don't even know how to do this
    Create a \textures subfolder inside \jam8 and put your textures there, or if they come in a .pk3 archive, either place it in the \jam8 folder or in \id1.

probably I should play this mod in its intended form
    Yeah, you should, at least for your first playthrough. Note that at least NewHouse is planning a standalone, full colored version of his map. Possibly some others are, too.
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-25-2016, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gem
    replied
    Thanks for the help

Yea I did say I may sound like a total fool as I don't know much about how you guys make your single player Quake look like that

>You can play them in color when you use their original *colored* textures as external replacement textures.

On 2nd thought I don't even know how to do this and probably I should play this mod in its intended form, as I did see some color sprinkled here and there for aesthetic accentuation in the previously posted video which was great btw

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    I have 2 dumb questions to ask:

-Can I play this also in color?lol

-And, how can I play these?

I mostly play competitive Quake online with a client set at low detail. I want to start playing these map packs Can I download a separate client with all the sfx enabled from somewhere? Maybe someone here with already a maximum gfx configured client can make it available for download rather than me putzing around trying to figure everything out lol I think this would be useful to anybody who isn't really knowledgeable of single player Quake with full effects

I had to address my issue once in for all and now's the time hehe I just can't miss out on all this great fun

-thanks
    Hi Gem

Please bare in mind that I'm no Quake Graphics expert and I have to defer to more knowledgable people like Talisa, Seven, etc when it comes to getting Quake to look it's best, but although I'm sure there must be better ways of "pimping" out your Quake, you could would try the following in case it helps give you the high detail even "blingy" look you may be looking for :
    1. create a darkplaces folder inside your quake folder and Download Darkplaces in to it and get that running as you like it.
    2. Download the 2 texture packs from the Quake Revitalisation Project (QRP) and place them in your id1 directory.
    3. Add Seven's SMC mod to your darkplaces to add a lot of effects, fun features, (some of which he has highlighted in this thread), and a little more control over how your Quake looks and plays. Be sure to read the readme though as it explains how to configure SMC exactly to your liking.

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    I second that. Additionally, I would very much like simulated film scratches to play this jam.
    Added film grain & scratch effects for the Film Noir themed Map Jam 8. Both effects can be used individually or together.
    Using the SMC feature to achieve it. Adjust the intensity to your personal liking, i used a more intense value to better see it in the clip. Watch it in full screen in a high resolution to see all details.

Just for fun
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mBDTfDY5rE[/ame]

Can I play this also in color?
    You surely noticed that the map files are really huge in this map jam. The reason is because they include the custom textures. You can play them in color when you use their original *colored* textures as external replacement textures.

And, how can I play these?
    Did you read the included readme ?

...single player Quake with full effects
    What do you mean with "full effects" ? Quake has no effects other than the ones in the engines menu.
    Or do you mean the Darkplaces bling-bling stuff that can be seen on all those screenshots in this forum ?

Leave a comment:

• Gem
    replied
    I forgot to say, I'm loving the axe from the screenshots, very cool

Leave a comment:

• Gem
    replied
    I have 2 dumb questions to ask:

-Can I play this also in color?lol

-And, how can I play these?

I mostly play competitive Quake online with a client set at low detail. I want to start playing these map packs Can I download a separate client with all the sfx enabled from somewhere? Maybe someone here with already a maximum gfx configured client can make it available for download rather than me putzing around trying to figure everything out lol I think this would be useful to anybody who isn't really knowledgeable of single player Quake with full effects

I had to address my issue once in for all and now's the time hehe I just can't miss out on all this great fun

-thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    A video would be better than a fixed picture to demonstrate the effect but sure, why not? How's the game going, BTW?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X