X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nahuel
    replied
    Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
    I second that. Additionally, I would very much like simulated film scratches to play this jam.
    I have a very simple "fake film grain" in my game, is not so good but it's something... if you want to test it just let me know, i will port it to quake.
    you can see the effect here.
    http://media.indiedb.com/images/memb...ofile/08.1.png

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Originally posted by nahuel View Post
    Very nice resource...
    I do not understand how glsl works...
    i have a question: will be possible an adaptation of this shader to work with darkplaces using default.glsl ?
    I second that. Additionally, I would very much like simulated film scratches to play this jam.

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    Originally posted by R00k View Post
    need to play these new maps either way! would be cool to make a shader that would toss out some static or film grain effects.

EDIT://game dev log of martins upitis: image imperfections and Film Grain post process FX
    Very nice resource...
    I do not understand how glsl works...
    i have a question: will be possible an adaptation of this shader to work with darkplaces using default.glsl ?

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Originally posted by R00k View Post
    actually you should be able to use -game jam8 and play old maps with any engine in that case...using their modified pallete.lmp.
    Yes, Shamblernaut said so himself in the Func_ thread. Actually, his Hackopolis map is an E1M3 remix that wasn't originally planned for this jam.

would be cool to make a shader that would toss out some static or film grain effects.
    Yes please.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    OH, so it's using a greyscaled pallete.lmp?

If you like this theme you can also play original maps using Qrack and gl_greyscale 1.
    Now this would only grey the map not the items/particles/entities...

hmmm well actually you should be able to use -game jam8 and play old maps with any engine in that case...using their modified pallete.lmp.

need to play these new maps either way! would be cool to make a shader that would toss out some static or film grain effects.

EDIT:http://devlog-martinsh.blogspot.com/...rain-post.html

Leave a comment:

• Dilligaf
    replied
    ^^^^really cool ^^^^

Leave a comment:

• Davers
    replied
    Very nice...

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Finished playing it a few hours ago. Great jam! Go read my extensive review in two parts over at Func_Msgboard (Mugwump is the name there).

DP users: A recent build that supports alpha masked textures is highly recommended.
    Also, make sure you download the update to NewHouse's map and use r_useportalculling 0 if you experience visual glitches with his map.
    Finally, go grab Seven's film grain & scratches add-on.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-25-2016, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    really good lookin!!

I love the style!

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    started a topic Map Jam 8 - Film Noir Released!

Map Jam 8 - Film Noir Released!

the team over at func_msgboard just released another mapjam!

this time we got a quite unique theme: a black&white film-noir style!

featuring four maps from several new-comers as well as from one mapping veteran,
    in a quite unique 20's/30's black&white movie theme, with a hint of sin city

grab yourself a copy now from either here or here, and go color those grey streets red!
    Last edited by talisa; 11-22-2016, 05:27 AM.
Working...
X