Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doom Soundtrack Live at the Game Awards! Possible tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom Soundtrack Live at the Game Awards! Possible tour?

Last night at the Game Awards, a very special performance took place: A piece of the new DOOM soundtrack was played live! Yes, it was every bit as awesome as it sounds! Don't believe me? here, check it out for yourself:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9E3n_VZRQ[/ame]

The band playing features the composer of the DOOM soundtrack Mick Gordon on guitar, Sonic Mayhem on electronics (Quake 2 and 3 anyone?) and Matt Halpern from Periphery on drums.

Many people after the performance were wondering how they could get involved and maybe get this show on the road; a tour if you will. Well, Sonic Mayhem mentioned on his twitter that telling Bethesda is the first step, so I have set up a petition to do just that.

Please sign the petition if you'd like to see them live!

This made me cringe realllyyy hard.

Also most of the middle part is ripped from Quake 2 Descent into Cerberon. AKA sonic mayhem did most of the work. meh.

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
      if you'd like to see them live
      Arrcee has finally gone berserk and is holding them hostage.

Hats off, that takes a lot of initiative and planning. The hard part is the exchange of the hostages ...

In previous times the perp would make Clint Eastwood run from phone booth to phone booth, but in the age of cellphones, drones and CCTV harder to pull off
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifex View Post
        This made me cringe realllyyy hard.

Also most of the middle part is ripped from Quake 2 Descent into Cerberon. AKA sonic mayhem did most of the work. meh.
        Why would you cringe?

The guy on Sampling/Electronics is the guy from Sonic Mayhem, who did the Quake 2 soundtrack... which is mentioned in the artlcle.

Comment

I want to see this happen. If they get the right people to do it, I'd go in a heartbeat.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

He needs to work on his stage performance. Doing the bunny hop while playing a guitar just looks weird.

Sonic Mayhem was good on Q2, but on Q3 the more memorable tracks were from Front Line Assembly in my opinion:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLHEn2NlJw"]Q3 - FLA[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARtBkkrYgAI"]Q3 - FLA[/ame]
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah bro
              that shit was hype as fuck
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Best thing I've heard of in a while.
                I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

the quake 3 soundtrack was badass

Comment

Working...
                  X