X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetroBlazer - SP Alpha Demo

RetroBlazer Alpha v0.2 Single Player Demo is now available for download

The game features a throwback to the classic wolf3d style sprite based orthogonal gameplay but with a fast paced stylistic twist. The alpha includes 7 levels, 3 unique enemies, 3 different weapons, replaced GFX sounds and original music. One of the levels is a homage to a well known FPS, only available in this version!

Multiplayer is not yet implemented, but will be soon, when more weapons and items are developed.

Game made for Darkplaces Quake

For more information, please visit: retroblazer.com
    Be sure to also follow the project at: RetroBlazer | Facebook

Download here (50mb)

Wow! I didn't even suppose that this demo would have been released so soon! This is undoubtedly the best release of at least a month along with RemakeQuake Demo 3!

Just played the first map - excellent! This not a Quake in any case, but this is so original and stylish!
    Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 01-16-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

very neat i may try this out... be neat if you get the multiplayer going for it... heh.

nice job surprised of a near total conversion to a different game just from using engine code. ;P

Comment

Such a cool game Can't wait for the full release
        Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

Btw, is the game supposed to be without "mlook" (mouse look)?
          Made me wonder, since moving my mouse all over the place didn't make my guy look up or down. How else am I supposed to hit dudes on different levels?
          Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

Hello,

The guys in the upper levels are a design decision that will probably be re-thought. They will be replaced with obvious pressure-applying indestructible turrets, or will be removed (though every grenadier besides the ones in the maze can be destroyed by clearing the enemies on the floor). However yes, the gameplay is supposed to be strictly orthogonal like wolf3d, so mouse look is not necessary.

Comment

Very nice! I have no idea how i missed this a few months ago?!
              i've been yearning of something like this for some time now One thing i noticed on my end, is when i downloaded the full demo from your website, the one that included the dp engine, i have to use r_fullbright 1 to see the map, otherwise all the world is black and the monsters are fullbright. On that note i think if you name your .spr files leading with a ! like "!testguard.spr" then that sprite will be affected by surrounding lighting... Very interesting mod! keep up the good work!
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

If you MUST have full mouselook freedom reset m_pitch back to default value of 0.022

Comment

Thanks a lot Rook! Much appreciate the comments.

It's interesting how config files read on different machines with DP, I included r_fullbright 1 in the autoexec, so It should have worked from the getgo, but thankfully the casual people downloading it seem to not notice many problems.

There is one issue, some people get nothing but a white screen plus a bunch of GLSL errors in the console in DP, this only happens on older machines trying to run the newer DP (tried it on an older laptop). Any thoughts on getting DP working on older hardware?

Comment

Maybe find a build of DP, that still has the features required to run your mod fully, but still has a render path acceptable for older machines. not sure unless u wanna delve into engine for the mod.
                    ok if i turn OFF realtime world lighting in the options menu then I dont need to force r_fullbrights 1, and the map looks normal.
                    Last edited by R00k; 01-17-2012, 04:30 PM.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

thankfully the casual people downloading it seem to not notice many problems
                      Actually I have one - when gfx folder exists in id1 directory (or in pack-file in id1) then your custom HUD is overlapped with id's one. The only one working solution I've found is to temporary delete (or rename) any files related to HUD in id1 folder.

Comment

Yes, sometimes in the new DP unless you run your mods in -nohome, a lot of mods tend to share config files for some reason, which is probably why r_fullbright isn't working by default.

I have tried older versions of DP, and the problem unfortunately is that sprites are rendered double-sided and create errors in some of the walls, if there is a way to disable the double sided sprites maybe people getting errors can use older builds.

Comment

Hmm, FC Zvyozdochka, did you download the version with DP or without?

That's very strange, I have never seen that type of error.

Is the mod in its own Directory? Or are you using it as ID1?

Comment

I'm using mod in its own directory (there is "RB" folder in quake directory along with "id1", "hipnotic" and "rogue" ones). I run the game with "darkplaces.exe -game RB" command.
                            This evening I'll post two screenshots with this issue.

Comment

Grabbed it and ran it standalone; really liking the cool style and visuals. The strongest point for me was the music; often overlooked but it does so much to help bring out the intended feel.
                              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X