Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
    No Linux version!?
    It takes a lot of time and maintenance to support Linux since Linux changes a lot. I want to focus on features foremost.

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    But will it give me proper lighting, a better map format and per poly collision?
    It can run to look identical to ProQuake (GLQuake) or FitzQuake. I think an engine has to be able to run in a classic that appears either exactly as GLQuake looked or the FitzQuake interpretation of how GLQuake should look it had also included the missing WinQuake features.

So yes, it can look old school and has a way to get the lighting and everything else both ProQuake and FitzQuake "normal". Like how DirectQ and MH have a light shift cvar, so does Engine X.

But the emphasis on the engine is convenience, access and popularity first and foremost.
    Last edited by Baker; 04-18-2012, 01:06 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      Quake will not and did not last forever. The reality is that is a 16-year old game. Time and obsoleteness had to kick in. And, in fact, it did there was just a delay in acknowledging it.

The truth is, the status quo is simply unmaintainable. Thursday at 11 pm, resigned to this fact I have an announcement to make that I feel has a meaningful bearing on the future. Some of you likely will not be surprised by this announcement.
      So, what you're saying is that Quake is dead, and EngineX is taking its place?

Comment

to ZzzzZZZ
        or not to ZZzzzZZ
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
          So, what you're saying is that Quake is dead, and EngineX is taking its place?
          More that Quake is effectively dead for a few reasons that cannot be solved without a series of modernizations. It is too long to easily address, but you'll see soon enough what I am thinking and why.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Obligatory

Noooo!

Comment

I hope you have unification in mind Baker. Not that it matters to me if it will be
              Windoze only.The only way I see saving Quake is in that direction with some more effective networking administration banning vote power.
              I would not get too radical with it though so you could change the bad behavior
              without reducing the player pool to fast.It is so small now that any loss at this point may be the last gasp.
              In any case good luck.

P.S. A more effective ban would include the players mac address and hdd # .
              But I would ban 3 days then 6 then 12 ect...
              Last edited by bluntz; 05-03-2012, 07:25 PM.
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by KillPixel View Post
                but I just got here.
                Ditto!

Comment

what was this big amazing release anyways?
                  Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Engine X with an overview of the future manifestation of Project 23
                    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I was actually getting around to writing some stories based on the original Quake game and the Expansions. If I come around to finishing them, perhaps they'd be of some use in some sort of devious plan you guys might have to keep the old vehicle going.

My original copy of Quake is so old that the printing on my CD is starting to deteriorate and peel on the edges. The back has been scratched like the wall of an insane asylum. Quake may be old, but have faith, a new generation may emerge from our ashes of hope, or whatever came outta that grunt around from that corner...

Don't let this deter your interest in the game. Some games from the 1990's were lost and forgotten because their Player Base abandoned it (Or maybe it just sucked). Quake is different. Maybe Multiplayer will fall silent, but don't give up. Maybe Id will get around to that Quake 5 game that might actually be a Quake game, not an arena or Strogg filled universe.

Comment

Wow, I just noticed now how many times I used "Don't", sorry about that.

Comment

Once RemakeQuake comes out i'm sure we will have a slew of new players and new mods etc...
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                          X