Ace12GA Quake 1; Alpha/Beta release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace12GA Quake 1; Alpha/Beta release

DarkPlaces mod with "modern weapons" (sub-machine guns, etc.) against the monsters with the monsters calibrated to this adjustment. Some monsters spawn in random locations in random numbers. (Requires Quake, not a total conversion). Author: Ace12GA

Download: Ace12GA Quake 1; Alpha/Beta release

More @ Inside3D ...
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I about to test, and probably will upload a video too.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

sv_cheats 1/sv_cheats 0
      Impulse 9
      god/nogod
      impulse 7
      +attack

dead?

Whats this weapon do?
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I noticed the same thing Phenom, and then I also noticed since my DP looks like like complete trash I won't be uploading a YouTube, but other than that, very very intersting.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Also it seems the handgun would preform better visually if it were dual-wield guns, just my suggestion tho.

I haven't had much time to do anything other then run around killing things on random levels.

Though I might just play through Quake 1 again just to see how these gun mechanics play out.

I love the recoil on weapons though some of them feel a bit exaggerated with the kickback.
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Comment

it does have dual wield hand guns, okay so I AM going to upload my shitty lil DP video.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQPFrY0myj4]Real Weapons Mod DarkPlaces.mkv - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                it does have dual wield hand guns, okay so I AM going to upload my shitty lil DP video.
                He's right. I'm blind.
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Comment

bleh i dun like it. the weapons are way to generic and waaay over-powered.

killing a grunt in a single bullet and such makes the game way to easy. even on nightmare i could just stand still when encountering a large group of grunts and take them out in just a few seconds

makes the game way to easy, and this weapon mod completely takes the awesome out of quake and makes it feel like the next generic shooter cuz of the over-used generic weapons

its nicely coded though and the models look good, but imo it completely takes the awesome out of quake.
                  but the addition of randomly spawning additional monsters was nice though
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

lets see you take a tactical shotgun blast to the chest AND keep going back for more.
                    lets see you take a whole clip of fully automatic "Swiss Cheese" making bullets and not die.

They dont have Armor so they suck at absorbing damage. The knights however, go "TINK TINK TINK" everytime a bullet hits their armor. AWESOME!

Quake hasn't had much "Generic Weapon" gaming mod's. Closest thing IMO was KQP with its various Submachine gun and Minigun. I smell QUAKESTRIKE coming soon.

TERRORISTS WIN muhahaha

Comment

The weapons feel like the marine has "noodle arms" meaning the the recoil is a bit much and 1 shot 1 kill on a grunt with a handgun does seem a bit exaggerated. maybe the dogs and rot fish should be 1 shot with the handgun but grunts?

I also found myself mowing down Shamblers & fiends and didn't die all the way through e1m1-e1m4 on nightmare where I stopped playing.

The new guns feel good and are very precise but I think the recoil needs to go down on some weapons and the damage needs to be turned down so we at least get back the survival horror feel.

The reloading fell in place naturally... I actually was reloading from the start without thinkin, GOODSTUFF!

I miss the LG or it's equivalent in this tho.
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Comment

If the damage the monsters take is lowered, then the amount of ammo given per ammobox might need adjusting as well. Lest you plan on knifing some of them enemies

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                          If the damage the monsters take is lowered, then the amount of ammo given per ammobox might need adjusting as well. Lest you plan on knifing some of them enemies
                          I had plenty of handgun ammo through the first 3 levels and getting quad on e1m2 with a hand gun turned the game into a kiddie shooting range for me even on nightmare with ogres,fiends,grunts and knights all being destroyed in a run from Quad to exit.

Just saying the weapons made the game feel like "Black Ops" meets Quake. Since in Black Ops you can kill 99.99% of the enemies with a single shot, which in my case was the case through the first level.

I don't think the release was meant to be seen as "Look cool guns to kill Shamblers with!" close minded mod and I'm sure this is another big step in some un-sown shirt of personal victory, love, and seeing a need and filling a need type attitude that comes from this community.

Follow along or help push! Dare to dream, build and adventure. What's there to lose? nothing. What's there to gain? A whole new world. If we can take it.
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                          X