FitzQuake Mark V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FitzQuake Mark V

FitzQuake Mark V started as a quick attempt to add bug-fixes discovered in recent times in general Quake engines, ended up being slightly more than that.

Download: FitzQuake Mark V (0.8 MB)

Documentation: Readme.txt

Many of the enhancements are oriented towards content creation and bug-fixes, but includes re-written implementations of many ProQuake originated features (ping in scoreboard, talk macros, loc support). Source code included the download.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

No Makefile
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

FitzQuake is not portable. Never was. Go look elsewhere (or merge the changes into QuakeSpasm).
      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have an SDL port from 2008 .If i remember right it has broken net code.
        WARNING
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
          No Makefile
          Few of the changes were Windows specific (aside from input/video changes).

I would be surprised if Quakespasm didn't assume more than a few changes from FitzQuake Mark V.

Oh yeah, remember your post about talk macros or view interpolations (shaky cam) ... ask for them to add SUPPORTS_TALK_MACROS, SUPPORTS_LEGIT_PING_SCOREBOARD, SUPPORTS_VIEW_ANGLES_INTERPOLATION.

I make this engine easy to rip code from specially so any engine modification could take what I did and do it easily.

I wanted better engine standards to be EASY to implement. That was my goal here.

[I'm not done, btw. Anyone who knows me, knows I am certainly not done .... ]
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

No Makefile
            I just want to point out that someone comfortable using a makefile could easily add almost any of the key features of FitzQuake Mark V into Quakespasm.

Open quakedef.h, identify the marker like ("SUPPORTS_ whatever") search for that in the project and use a diff program (I use WinMerge on Windows and well even on OS X via WINE and open the applicable files) and add the code change (these are super-clearly marked).

I made every change a bare minimum footprint (rewriting almost ever implementation into something ideal and often rather readable for a non-coder), much of this time it means 1 or 2 or 3 files were minimally changed.

Most of the features I know you are interested in are small and minimal changes the way I implemented them.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
              I just want to point out that someone comfortable using a makefile could easily add almost any of the key features of FitzQuake Mark V into Quakespasm.

Open quakedef.h, identify the marker like ("SUPPORTS_ whatever") search for that in the project and use a diff program (I use WinMerge on Windows and well even on OS X via WINE and open the applicable files) and add the code change (these are super-clearly marked).

I made every change a bare minimum footprint (rewriting almost ever implementation into something ideal and often rather readable for a non-coder), much of this time it means 1 or 2 or 3 files were minimally changed.

Most of the features I know you are interested in are small and minimal changes the way I implemented them.
              Thanks for the hints Baker, the code always looks easy till I try to recompile
              and get the inevitable syntax errors from copy and pasting anything in whitespace in linux
              I had the same sentiments as you about Qspasm already leeching what it could from Fitz so it did not occur to me to go this route.I am no coder as you know but as you suggest using a diff gui works most of the time for simple changes even for a rookie like me.I have had good results with meld and kompare.
              I am using Quakespasm for multiplayer competition at the moment with some added features such as loc support that was successfully added with the help of a friend,so I have a stable client but was hoping to upgrade my Fitz.
              The Fitzkurok you built I had compiled and ran beautifully but it is 32 bit and I have since moved on to Debian Squeeze 64.
              I was just curious about the new build and wanted to gawk at it,but I suppose the changelog will do for now.
              Last edited by bluntz; 07-13-2012, 05:02 PM.
              WARNING
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

I had the same sentiments as you about Qspasm already leeching what it could from Fitz so it did not occur to me to go this route.
                Quakespasm is a fork of FitzQuake 0.85 to SDL so people on Linux or OS/X could use it. The Quakespasm guys, me, MH, (metslime) share info all the time. I might add that Quakespasm is a multiplatform gem, they fixed so many Linux/OS X and SDL problems.

[Engine X runs FitzQuake 666 protocol ]

The Fitzkurok you built I had compiled and ran beautifully but it is 32 bit and I have since moved on to Debian Squeeze 64.
                I was just curious about the new build and wanted to gawk at it,but I suppose the changelog will do for now.
                If I had unlimited time, I'd multiplatform things like Fitz Mark V like I did with FitzKurok. But I code fastest on Windows and I really suck at Linux.
                Last edited by Baker; 07-13-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X