Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FreezeTag, ProQuake PSP 4.71, Schism, ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreezeTag, ProQuake PSP 4.71, Schism, ...

Before "The End" You Know ...

To the left is a video of the Quake "End Map" in the beta release. Discussion of Quake Pre-Release, beta version of Quake. Apparently, the original "End Map" as seen here was, perhaps, too "Doom-like".

FreezeTag

Bruce convinced R00k to make a Q1 version of FreezeTag. This has come together very quickly and the general consensus is that the game is very fun. It can be played on cax.quakeitup.com and soon on dallas.quakeitup.com, both hosted by wicked_lord.

And ... There is an update to ProQuake PSP, version 4.71 with 2 fixes. Spiney, a new member of the Remake Quake Team, has informed us that the direction and name of the project has changed and it is now known as Schism. Wanted: King of the Hill Demos (the CAx server mod). Coming soon: Race your ghost?
    Last edited by Baker; 08-01-2012, 02:17 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

You posted the link to my Thread.
    Aww, you

Comment

I remember that pre release. Wierd how it brings baxk such wonderful memories!

Thanks for the freezetag info in news headline.

Comment

Ghost player capability:

The ability to race and/or follow another player that isn't there (in this case, the ghost player is from demo1.dem)

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          Ghost player capability:

The ability to race and/or follow another player that isn't there (in this case, the ghost player is from demo1.dem)
          Ooh, this looks interesting. If it's a Mod, please place a link. Otherwise, please do tell how

Comment

The Quake engine is GPL and I need to make the source code all nice and documented and pretty looking before I release the new engine version.

/In older days MH would say "You have a lot of guts! You just release whatever you have at the moment and live with it." Hehe. But I've changed. I want the source code to be very well documented with no extraneous testing stuff in it and to the extent possible "professional grade". I guess desire comes with experience or something, but I'm done releasing messy source code so to speak.

Comment

I don't understand the point of the ghost player. I have read the ideas for it's use, but IMO they don't seem to be all that useful really. I'm not trying to start an opinion war. I'm just saying that I personally don't recognize the value of this, beyond it being awesome how Baker pulled it off (ie with a demo player).

very progressive thinking indeed
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Speed runners can learn from it, or you can attempt to set your own speed times.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  Ghost player capability:

are you telling me that I'll be able to play games that were already played? so now are we basically time travelers? :p

btw.: I added some files to the Quake Pre-Release thread!
                  Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Originally posted by vegetous View Post
                    are you telling me that I'll be able to play games that were already played? so now are we basically time travelers? :p
                    Essentially, yes. In fact there is source code release in that thread of a fully functional version. You'd have to compile it.

btw.: I added some files to the Quake Pre-Release thread!
                    I saw that.

Comment

Working...
                    X