X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Artists Strike Back! (Part 3)

In The Shadows
    QuakeOne Thread | Author's Project Page

"Have you ever wanted to sneak around the Quake universe, pick the right moment to bypass the guards and steal all of the loot? This modification for quake will allow you the player to become invisible at a certain range and then plan your way through various locations using new stealth gameplay. The MOD will follow the story of Lord Aramis, the champion of the people and sadly ..."

This is a project to create effectively an RPG in Quake. The video posted in the thread provides a great deal of background and rather shocking in detail, refinement and musical score. Read more ...

Waterfalls for DOE

Expanding on particle work seen in recent times in DarkPlaces (rolling mist from teleporters, etc.), this project seeks to enhance the look of waterfalls (in Dissolution of Eternity aka "Rogue"). Especially noteworthy since waterfalls often look unconvincing in many games. Thread and the video ...

Player Model Remake

Ruohis has made more models for Quake than the average player has ever used. He is very actively making a new player model ...

"Resident Evil" Replica Maps

This thread already got a ton of attention. But --- er --- and was to be indicated for a news item and somehow this did not happen according to "the plan".

This project is one of the increasingly frequent projects where DarkPlaces or other Quake engines are used to create themes resembling other games (an overwhelming number seem to have originated from the PSP Quake modding scene and due to familiarity with Quake eventually became DarkPlaces/Quake modders).

Read more in the thread ...

Force: Leashed (DarkPlaces)
    Thread and Download Link

Force: Leashed is a Portal inspired "physics puzzler". A fully free and open source DarkPlaces total conversion with downloads available for Windows/Mac/Linux that according to the site claimed 2nd place in a game development competition. "To advance, you need to guide rockets to their targets using spherical potential fields."
    Last edited by Baker; 08-13-2012, 10:37 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...
Working...
X