More Powerful Servers: Phase 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baker View Post
    Portage isn't what I plan to do. I'm good at coding. Mastering Linux, by necessity I have to leave that up to others that are more specialized in the task. I only have so much time --- I have to use it for what I am good at.
    This, oh so many times.

Time spent porting is time not available to fix bugs and add functionality. The code is there, others can go do it.
    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

As I am usually the biggest proponent of Quake on Linux and likely the only one left actually using it,I would just like to say thanks for the effort.
      I know just how difficult it is, and with several distros competing for attention it gets confusing fast.If You ever DO GET INTERESTED in coding for Linux in the future,do me a favor and limit yourself to DEBIAN ONLY.Almost all other
      certainly the vast majority of linux OS are based on it.It has the largest user base and software base as well and if you did code for it,would make porting to another LOS trivial.
      I have had success building many clients in recent months but I have not found the source for the server.Even your PQ on here is just an BIN.No source and no docs are included.I would like it included please.

UPDATE- NM I found it !
      Last edited by bluntz; 09-30-2012, 09:33 AM.
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
        Well I for one thank you
        Here, here. Well said Bluntz. I'm tied up with a development program for work at the moment but I look forward to trying this out in a few weeks time. So I'd like to echo Bluntz and say a big thank you Baker. Keep up the good work as we really do appreciate it

[Assuming it is not already implemented...] If, at some point in the distant future when you have time and all the important stuff is done to your satisfaction, you could include a "mute player X" option I would be most grateful.

Warmest regards

Monty
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 09-30-2012, 09:53 AM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
          Here, here. Well said Bluntz. I'm tied up with a development program for work at the moment but I look forward to trying this out in a few weeks time. So I'd like to echo Bluntz and say a big thank you Baker. Keep up the good work as we really do appreciate it

[Assuming it is not already implemented...] If, at some point in the distant future when you have time and all the important stuff is done to your satisfaction, you could include a "mute player X" option I would be most grateful.

Warmest regards

Monty
          *Cough Pitbull Cough*
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

whats the command to disbable that "chat only w/ frags" option? i host a server on occasion for friends, and this cvar is proving to be annoying because we do coop, so there are no frags, thus no chat.
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
            X