Interest Level in CA Tourney #2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest Level in CA Tourney #2?

Monoz tournament was very successful and there were players knocking on the doors to be in it and a few that didn't sign up who wanted to be in it.

This thread is to get a feel for the level of participation in a potential Tourney #2 and see if we will need 2 or 3 servers to handle the level of participation (there wasn't any extra room with the server having 16 capacity and usually only one or 2 slots available).

Would you play in a possible Tourney #2? Do you feel any changes would be beneficial?

[This is all Monoz's deal ... I'm trying to collect feedback and help gauge participation while the iron is hot.]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

it was interesting, how we had 4 teams of 3 and a few admins/officials that equaled 16 persons.

the interesting fact was having ALL parties of the official tourney present.
    All teams, and players could watch the on going game vs others
    it was a really cool idea, dynamically playing and watching, then playing again.

2 beers up for Mono.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I like how it was done quickly. nowadays, tournies that last for weeks die off.

Overall, if we need extra room, I can add as many cax servers that we need to my dedicated server. dont think it will be necessary tho
      Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

It was like watching a football game and each quarter 2 new teams played..
        i kept dc thinking it was over heh

Comment

i recommend doing a "pickup" tournament on a given night where whoever is in the server at the starting time is in, no signups needed, then you pick teams based on how many are there and their skill levels. Like mono said get it all done quick and fast and GG.

Comment

one has to define tourney, vs people just playing.
            tourney is just a big word for now playing, i guess.

Comment

Sunday CAx 2v2 / 3v3 Welcome to NetQuake 2v2 CA Tournament

and as always count me in.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yes to tourney number 2

You could count me in for tourney 2. Next tourney should be some random ass maps. Have a list of 50 maps or however many there r and each team agrees on a number or something and randomly choose a map. I've been doing some FFA maps with Scott and been having a blast. I'm game with whatever for tourney.

Comment

As we saw with the signup thread there would be plenty of interest but should be front page to get a better indicator of actual turnout.
                  Also the server needs to be limited to the teams that are actually competing and 2 admins
                  The server was just overloaded. Mono did a good job with no actual help from anyone but there is plenty of room to improve the next one.
                  I would suggest a proxy quaketv feed for spectators webcast to the lobby recording demos
                  WARNING
                  May be too intense for some viewers.
                  Stress Relief Device
                  ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                  ---------------------------
                  .--------------------------

Comment

I would, recommend me a client and I will PLAY.

even though I am more then out of practice.

Comment

i'll play after oct 19

Comment

If i can luck out and be home like this last tourney m down. But my chances are slim to none

Comment

Yeah i need a date to be able to give a hard yes on playing in the next one. But assuming it's on a day that i have off. count me in.
                          "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

ill do it. however, how will the teams work? i think if we have the same teams for a few tournys it would be more cohesive imo.
                            Last edited by Syluxguy28O3; 10-09-2012, 06:51 AM.
                            My Avatars!
                            Quake Leagues
                            Quake 1.5!!!
                            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

DirectQ (DX11) , my recommendation for an engine, and the reason why is more FPS than you can shake a stick at.

requires DX11 capable card, and its just a preview that I requested back 5-6 months ago,but its epic fast.
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X