Teams Deathmatch Testing @ 10 PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams Deathmatch Testing @ 10 PM

The stats tracking server teams.quakeone.com hosted by Wicked Lord needs some live testing today around 10 PM for anyone interested. There is no ban file, everyone is welcome including Kimp. We've had enough dramas, I think a number of people feel it is time to reset to a clean slate. Server runs a rotation of 4 id deathmatch maps + 8 custom maps.

Later today, ProQuake client 4.93 (Windows) should be released that includes a live server browser and the ability to use a stats tracking ID. The stats tracking ID is backwards compatible to ProQuake 3.50 and Qrack, but is easier in ProQuake 4.93.

Note: It uses the pq_password capability in ProQuake 3.50, which DirectQ does not appear to support, but pq_password is not hard to add. More on the server as things unfold ...
    Last edited by Baker; 10-22-2012, 07:07 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

damn. i cant make the test, but i am pumped for that new pq. thanks baker/wicked lord!!
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I'll try to make it, I have a doctors appointment in the morning.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Probably can't make 10pm est but 10pm pst is good.

Comment

Will have to get MH to add that stat password thing
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            Probably can't make 10pm est but 10pm pst is good.
            I'll try to be around then. And maybe you can comment on tuning the map rotation. As I understand it, you use ProQuake 3.50 so I'll list the maps that run in the rotation and a download link (since PQ 3.50 doesn't have download).
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

So,imo the map choices needs tweaking. bottom of the pile so far is DM5, ewww.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

make classic dm option, also add sofdm3.bsp

Comment

also add sofdm3.bsp
                  That's a good idea for a map with a large number of players, I'll add that in once I code level select by number of players. Since that's rather huge, I'll make it in the 10+ players.

Originally posted by powerzord View Post
                  make classic dm option
                  Do you mean free for all, as opposed to teams? Or weapon stay? I've been thinking about possibly making the annoying 3 player scenario play as FFA with teams kicking in automatically with 4 players present.

/Annoying 3 player scenario is always a pain to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                  X