Metallica vs. Pantera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    @mac - I could answer probably any music theory question you have.
    Nice, I suppose I'd just ask; do you know any particularly useful books on the subject?
    twitch
    wew lad

Comment

@do I know a book

No. I didn't learn that way. I started by learning scale formulas.....oh wait duh, yeah I recommend a handbook. The Guitar Grimoire

Just to be clear, when you said "book" I'm thinking of Mel Bay and what not...not books like the guitar grimoire.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

As much as I'm probably going to get flak for this, I would probably say overall that Metallica is the better band. Pantera had a few great albums, don't get me wrong, and I'm a huge fan of "Vulgar Display of Power", but Metallica just has so much more. Their entire discography (aside from Lulu ) is just amazing, and I actually like how they've experimented with all sorts of different styles and genres over the years. Granted, their non-thrash stuff is not to everyone's tastes, but I enjoy it all the same.

The funny thing is, up until a few years ago I was a rabid Megadeth fanboy, and I never bothered to give Metallica a chance. Even when I did, I refused to listen to anything made after their self-titled album until about a year ago, when I finally decided to give their newer albums a chance. I was absolutely blown away by them, and from that point on I knew that Metallica were more than just an amazing thrash band.

As for Megadeth, I still enjoy them, though mainly only their early stuff. "Peace Sells", "Rust in Peace", and "Countdown to Extinction" in particular are top-notch albums.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
          @do I know a book

No. I didn't learn that way. I started by learning scale formulas.....oh wait duh, yeah I recommend a handbook. The Guitar Grimoire

Just to be clear, when you said "book" I'm thinking of Mel Bay and what not...not books like the guitar grimoire.
          well, I'm just referring to a text based media that I can have around to glance at. Not some "how to do instruments gooder with this 5 step plan that incorporates you giving me £10 a minute".

But so far I've just been learning by playing. :v
          twitch
          wew lad

Comment

Working...
          X