Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small mod compilation development

Hello,

Should the development of the "small mod compilation" be continued ?

- Yes, I use this mod and it should be continued
    - No, the more features it got the less interesting it became
    - I do not use mods like these, so I do not care
    - Seven is a dumbass and should finally quit

Thank you for your participation.

Best regards.
    Yes, I use this mod and it should be continued
    89.47%
    No, the more features it got the less interesting it became
    0%
    I do not use mods like these, so I do not care
    0%
    Seven is a dumbass and should finally quit
    10.53%

In answer to the question... absolutely YES It's an excellent mod and, although due to poor hardware I can't use darkplaces effectively for multi-player, it adds an excellent look and feel to the single player game and yes I do use it regularly. Don't be disheartened, don't give up, if you need a time out then take one but it's quite evident that many people including myself really appreciate the work you are putting in.

Kind regards

Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 10-11-2014, 07:32 AM.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

@Seven

How dare you think you can stop!! Heck at this point its almost a completely new quake experience. The features you have added give much inspiration to those of us who cannot see the true potential of engines like DP and FTE. It's really given the game a much needed face lift and has shown the possibilities for ever growing development of such an old game is still alive and well.

I get much inspiration from your work and the work of those you showcase in your mod. Keep it up!

Comment

without saying what you'd do instead, there's no way anyone would answer no, other than to try to get rid of you for selfish reasons.
        if you're feeling a bit burnt out, focus on some other project for a bit by all means, but it would be a real shame if you abandoned smc completely.
        besides, do you really think you could just walk away from it now?
        Some Game Thing

Comment

of course, the SMC is fantastic and you should definitely keep expanding on it with great ideas <3
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

(BITCH SLAPS) I am shocked you even asked...

if you're feeling a bit burnt out, focus on some other project for a bit by all means
            agreed

we are grateful for what you have done for quake with the smc but if you are a bit burnt out i could understand...

I think its time you look at making a "thats not quake" TC of quake useing all the tricks you have learned making the smc. I would be interested in seeing you working with a team of modelers and mappers to make your own game... what ever you do i wish you the best!

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
              (BITCH SLAPS) I am shocked you even asked...

agreed

we are grateful for what you have done for quake with the smc but if you are a bit burnt out i could understand...

I think its time you look at making a "thats not quake" TC of quake useing all the tricks you have learned making the smc. I would be interested in seeing you working with a team of modelers and mappers to make your own game... what ever you do i wish you the best!
              HEAR HEAR! (SLAP)
              nuff said
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hello,

I have the impression that people do not care about it anymore, because feedback in its thread comes only from the same kind supporters, who support me for a really long time already. Seeing screenshots of it in many other subforums/threads from other people/users, but no feedback or any other reaction in the modŽs thread from those people/users makes me start wondering...
                It leaves a bad feeling in me and is quite a big motivation stopper. As everybody knows, feedback is the main gasoline for people who work on something for free+fun in their spare time.

That is why I wanted to start a poll about it to see what peoples opinions are.

Thank you again to those of you who "waste" their time in writing comments/feedback and of course a big warm hug to the ones that support me over the last years already. If it wasnt you, I think I gave up a long time already.

Best wishes.

Comment

It really needs to be changed to : LMC

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    Hello,

I have the impression that people do not care about it anymore, because feedback in its thread comes only from the same kind supporters, who support me for a really long time already. Seeing screenshots of it in many other subforums/threads from other people/users, but no feedback or any other reaction in the modŽs thread from those people/users makes me start wondering...
                    It leaves a bad feeling in me and is quite a big motivation stopper. As everybody knows, feedback is the main gasoline for people who work on something for free+fun in their spare time.

That is why I wanted to start a poll about it to see what peoples opinions are.

Thank you again to those of you who "waste" their time in writing comments/feedback and of course a big warm hug to the ones that support me over the last years already. If it wasnt you, I think I gave up a long time already.

Best wishes.
                    We're never wasting our time here at Quakeone.com bro,and neither are you wasting your time when you invest into SMC. You also have to realize that not everyone is a participant at the forums. Adam can attest to this fact, he lurked for a long time before actually signing up and joining the conversation.

Not everyone who snags a copy of SMC will leave the feedback that you desire,but the lack of feedback should not be your indicator of how many people are downloading and using your SMC project!

Think about it.... I don't know if you have a Long John Silver's where you live, but its a seafood restaurant... They have a small/medium bell at both entrance/exit doorways, and you're SUPPOSED to ring it if you enjoyed the service. Do you think everyone rings the bell on the way out?? Do you think those who don't ring the bell was unhappy with the food or service?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_U0QPzIMJU]Grandpaw ringing the bell at Long John Silvers - YouTube[/ame]

^ Proof in the pudding ^
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Seven, the people here (myself included) think SMC is great, if you are tired of carrying the project is very understandable. It would be a shame that you leave one of the few projects that keep alive -speaking about qc modding- quake. Still if you are tired i honestly think you should go a step further in the qc and start with the CSQC, or the menu.dat. this will give you a new perspective and many new possibilities
                      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Maybe you need to open a new mod-thread in MODDB, this web is great to publish your mod, extreme gore is also an excellent resource to make a mod more popular (think in brutaldoom) !!!!
                        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Yes, you're right, I do not use mods, but, it happened so that SMC is the one only mod that I do use, so, definitely yes, the show must go on!
                          MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

I don't use mods, but I find them interesting. They are a big part of this community, which, I may remind you, attracted even The Surgeon's attention. I say keep them coming.

Comment

Hello Cobalt,
                              IŽd rather not call it "L"ousy "M"od "C"ompilation, even though it is.

Hello Mindz,
                              I like the "ring the bell" idea of that restaurant.
                              As far as I know, we dont have these in Germany. But as you know, nerds usually do not go out to have fun.

Hello hgdagon,
                              Yes, even if it is a poor show

Hello Nahuel,
                              I remember Spike saying (or at least that was my understanding), that DP is capable of using csqc more or less only for HUD stuff and menues (compared to FTE). And as you remember, we worked on that csqc hud together, that I still use and I am perfectly happy with it. And regarding the menue, Spike once send me his "custom-menue-for-beginners" csqc-set, but I think I should not even start to hussle with it, as the smc cvars are simply too many to squeeze them into the in-game menue. All the explenations would also be missing (which are comments in todays smc_config.cfg). And a pre-config menue system is not what I like, as I am a "custom-settings" type of guy, hehe. Fortunately till today I could realize the things/ideas with good old classic qc.
                              But never say never, right ?

Thank you again everyone for your kind words.

Comment

Working...
                              X