Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeathMaster
    replied
    I hate this chapter in id's history. At least Quake 4 came with Quake 2.

Leave a comment:

• OMacKnight
    replied
    I'll be honest, it's hard for me to pick because I thought both were garbage :/

Leave a comment:

• Voros
    started a poll Quake 4/Doom 3

Quake 4/Doom 3

Quake 4
    23.08%
    Doom 3
    76.92%
    Two games running on the same engine with the same linearity.
    But don't just press Quake 4, cause this is quakeone.com. Think first.

Doom 3 had this aspect of horror, claustrophobia and etc. Almost every level was too dark to view properly, without the infamous flashlight. There are also these "First Encounter" scenes for almost each monster, like the Imp coming out of some shaft, a Pinky jumping over a ledge and banging on the door between you and it and the Mancubus appearing out of this huge pipe. Like any Doom game, it has its gore, but IMO : Mainly with the maps not the models. (Dissolving demons and corpses, that vanish into red vapour). Also, the chainsaw, the ridiculously loud chainsaw. The in-game story is really fascinating, now that you can also hear what other NPCs in the game think of this whole "operation". While it doesn't have much of that military aspect, its still fun as Hell!

Quake 4 revolved around more on action in the battlezone, with what those soldiers beside you during times, vehicular combat, etc. Set in the Strogg universe (why id, why) tells the story of Kane's one heck of tale. Shot down on Stroggos, the first you see, is that giant red ugly bastard with its fear inducing cry *shudders*. Fighting off some basic Strogg, Kane regroups. The damned radio though. Anyway, there seems to be pistol as your base weapon with infinite ammo... Well it is more military. The outdoor maps have a nice look, but the inside ones are fucking crazy, but then again its Stroggos. While its more military, it has some very nasty gore not for the faint of heart, remember the Medical Facility? Or that giant bloated digester thing... Which dies by exploding its stomach? Of course you do! The story is OK I guess, but felt like something Halo CE: do this... did that... and this... done... one more... holy shit, plot twist!... do this instead... run... etc. But it was gorier, and I like that.

Now don't just press "Quake 4" cause "I like it" or " its Quake man". Give a reason!
    Same for Doom 3.

EDIT: Which one do you PREFER?
    Last edited by Voros; 04-18-2016, 05:33 AM.
Working...
X