Worst Map Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Map Ever?

Is there a map your absolutely hate playing on? What is so terrible about that map?

---

I myself can't stand E1M7. I hate the START map. DM3 bores me to death, but I can deal with that.

If there were a server that ran DM6 all the time, I could live there. Oh wait, there is!

And without further ado, that's our new poll.
    Start
    9.68%
    End
    12.90%
    E1M7
    16.13%
    Wind Tunnels
    25.81%
    Ziggurat Vertigo
    19.35%
    DM3
    6.45%
    DM6
    9.68%
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I hate E1M7 too. Especially when it's a packed server.

Comment

I don't dislike any maps in total. I'm not voting

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
        I don't dislike any maps in total. I'm not voting
        What about the rocket arena map that you said you had really bad memories of with Yellow No. 5? :d :d
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

shhhh not in public

That's not on the list

-- edit: I don't really like any of the FLAT RA maps

Comment

I like the FLAT ones. Just kill 'em all, with all of your combat skills. No pillars to hide behind and no strategy. Just pure combat mastery.

Comment

Sure I didn't mind them at first, but for a full year of FLAT RA maps really gets boring.

Comment

me <-- not liking the fact that wind tunnels is on the list.

This poll is pretty biased. Why isn't EVERY map in there?

Comment

For DM?

All of them. ID Standard maps are hideous, and they've been played to death by now.

Comment

Well my choice isn't in the list so I'll vote for something else.

I can't stand E3M3 - The Tomb of Terror.

Comment

I actually voted for DM3, because I never like to play it since it's the ONLY level the players on max.essentrix.net play.

Comment

Originally posted by Scampie
                        For DM?

All of them. ID Standard maps are hideous, and they've been played to death by now.
                        True, but the thing is that at least where most of us come from, historically players have been very server loyal. It is very difficult to establish a new server in this community and have it be successful.

Beatdown Alley, which is on it's 3rd incarnation, was initially very successful and ran custom maps almost exclusively. It was truly a blast.

But once the head admin was offered to run the mega-popular Widomaker server, focus tended towards that server that ran the standard maps.

Another server that was once somewhat successful was DeadZone, but it also ran models and other things and to be quite honest, the install was a total mess. It consisted of about 50 MB of files in 6 different packages that installed to completely different folders, and some were zip files. Trying to get it installed was more confusing than switching to Linux.

Hopefully the next effort to get some great action going on custom maps in this corner of Quakeland will be more successful.

Comment

There was two I could have voted on.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

ziggurat. ick

Comment

I love them all, if just DM. If not...
                              E1M7. Because when someone gets the 9/11 rune, everyone dies, except the ones that just spawned from the last suicide bomber, and someone is always camping the tunnel to the portal to the dark room. But I still like it anyway, heh.
                              e|------------------------0---------------
                              B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                              G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                              D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                              A|---------------0------------------------
                              E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X