Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to see access to servers tied to Quakeone.com User accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to see access to servers tied to Quakeone.com User accounts?

As in, for example, my account ID would be "Mindf!3ldzX",as that is my Quakeone.com account name/login , and I would only be able to connect to CERTAIN SERVERS only if I have a pre-approved QUAKEONE.COM account. (A simple process, that only finds scrutiny when proxies are being used,or your IP range just so happens to be KIMP's. Otherwise,people register here at quakeone.com,recieve their login/password details,request server access,and they are SET! Something like the QuakeLive process..)
    YES! Obvious fix to the kimp problem.
    68.18%
    NO! Its ridiculous and radical to change that much over Kimp,no matter how bad he is.
    31.82%

The poll is expired.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

if this ends the deadlocked standoff, do it.
    SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
    THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
    sigpic

Comment

/on fence

Comment

I still think that a trust system where admins hand out keys to trusted users (or withdraw them) would work. Veterans would have to vouch for newbies before they'd get a key. This is similar though.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

It could work... for the existing community. I bet new players won't like having to register for servers in order to play. If ever this were to happen, I will not be implementing it on my server(s). Kimp doesn't troll me anyway, heh.
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
            Kimp doesn't troll me anyway, heh.
            You can't Troll a Troll

JK foqer <3!
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

:3
              e|------------------------0---------------
              B|---------------0^1----------------1----
              G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
              D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
              A|---------------0------------------------
              E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
                I bet new players won't like having to register for servers in order to play. If ever this were to happen, I will not be implementing it on my server(s). Kimp doesn't troll me anyway, heh.
                New players arrive here all the time, and register at these forum's. It's safe to say,it doesn't take much to register on a forum. Proclaiming everyone to show up in the future is going to be an idiot is not a valid arguement. While actual implementation might be tricky, there is no reason it can not be done,or why it should be hard or trivial.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Activation = Higher integrity in user's morality, possibly much less member:visitor ratio.

No activation = Any Tom, Dick & Hairy can join, people create accounts at will.

No, we need the community to grow naturally, and weed out the bad apples as they happen.

Yes, I'm tired of seeing tards on the servers and forums ruining my games and stuff.

I'm 50/50 on this... I say we give this much more thought. Flesh it out and come back to the question once the idea is solid.
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                  Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Xbox live and probably others are doing this, and they have designed the hardware in the gaming consoles to be extremely difficult to hack, but , like anything else that is good for a while, there is always some ticked off people who's lieflong goal is to prove that wrong, and given time, they always seem to do it. There are flash ROM kits out there for the Xbox that let them install cheats for some time now. But for a while, they had a pretty solid platform going with some nice games. Quake would have been a hella addition to the lineup.

Comment

Outside of security, a login system would make tracking players much easier. Think of logging onto quakeone.com to see how well your game stacks up with others on the forums, or to see if your weapon efficiency has increased after playing an entire week of quake.

Tracking players is done now, but its not reliable at all. You can either track a player to their IP address or their name, which both can change at any time.

Comment

This kind of system, you get [eventually] get stats too.

It won't be adopted universally. I can't see, for instance, Shmack doing this.

But what you have to understand is that if Quake were to grow in popularity, there would be more Kimps because the larger a player base is the more troublemakers there are.

Long story short: This is what is going to happen, but it will never be universal. But if you are a server operator, you don't care if it is universal but rather care that you can provide good administration for your own server and keep the riff-raff out. And the last couple of years have demonstrated the need. [I saw the need further back, but until Kimp emerged most people didn't care.]
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                        X