Favorite MOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite MOD?

My over all favorite mod is CAx. Equal weapons, ammo, health in an all out battle.
    Team Deathmatch (TDM)
    12.50%
    CAx (clan arena)
    37.50%
    CTF (capture the flag
    12.50%
    Runequake (RQ)
    12.50%
    Other (post in comments)
    25.00%

cax is my fav, because it adds legit stategy to the match. reminicent of counter strike..
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I used to love DM.. to bad some people ruined it.. cax is where my heart is!

Comment

For fast paced action, for me at least, the FFA "mod" on the Bigfoot, Flanders amd Wicked servers has the edge providing there are no Team Games. For something different to keep Quake interesting the occassional games of Painkeep and DeathMatch plus both have their plus points. And for a little fun, RuneQuake plus (the version used on the Fear server, NOT the Shmack server) and Beatdown Alley (BDA) can usually provide a few laughs.

This is just my humble opinion of course

Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Beatdown alley is closed right??

Comment

Sadly, yes. As I recall Leftism closed it a year or so ago. I think I've got the progs.dat from Lefty floating around somewhere but it was always fun to watch him "at work" on the server try to get the funniest frag possible

All good fun
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

Well i know leftism personally as i used to host lans and he would come. He plays Urban Terror and runs a server for that game, but i just totally forgot he ran one for quake. Tony lives 2 hours south of me here in florida.

Comment

Well please say hi to him from Monty and get him to get his good self back in to the game.

As I understood it, Leftism ran the BDA server but it was Mr Wifi and Dolemite that were largely responsible for the mod. It had some really "full on" development of runes which took it much further than just plain RuneQuake.

Mr Wifi also worked his magic on the RuneQuake Plus mod which used to be run on the "Fear" server Admined by a lady player called PITA [great name for a game server that].

Note that this is just what I picked up on the server talking to Lefty and others so I could have got this completely wrong and please dont quote me

Kind regards

Monty
                Mr.Burns

Comment

Ill tell him hello soon as he replies to my email.. I wouldnt mind getting my hands on that mod. I know BDA was pretty popular and if i am not mistaken he ran that server out of florida? Or maybe Georgia. I pinged it along time ago and was 12ms in DOS. Of course thos was between 2002 and 2011 when i was inactive. Im in florida so i know its close. I would run any mod as long as it gets played here and there. Maybe ill get tony to hook me up. We shall see.

Comment

Working...
                  X