Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coop or versus?

time for a serious poll i think

what do all of you prefer, single player or multiplayer?
    or do any of you even play single player at all

and if yes, what about coop? i personally love playing coop a lot more then ffa or such.
    i personally never really got that woo-lets-go-circlestrafe-each-other-all-the-time part of deathmatch and such.
    but i love playing coop, i think its way more fun to go take on quakes monsters together with friends, and it makes for a good laugh if you accidentially blow up a friend or such, or to watch a friend accidentially drop of a cliff into the lava

what do you think, and what do all of you quakers prefer, coop or versus?
    and which mod do you like to play for either of those, or just stock quake coop or stock quake deathmatch

and its also a chance to let people know what mod you like, and a chance to share your fave mod, so others can try them too. another reason i rarely play online myself cuz i dont really know any mods and hate runequake, and id love to get to know more mods
    singleplayer ftw
    22.22%
    MP coop
    27.78%
    MP versus
    50.00%
    Last edited by talisa; 06-07-2012, 08:10 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Most def Versus an opponent. I like a challenge. I will even play frogbots too, so thats a versus situation, single player gets boring quick considering i beat it numerous times in the 90s, and coop ill leave for TurtleVan.. Thats boring also.

Comment

I like coop because I like having a progression of levels. Even with all the available maps, mutliplayer versus ends up being really repetitive because you are doing pretty much the same thing over.

I love them both though.

Comment

@bloodshot
        yeah exactly, thats why i prefer coop over versus myself too

versus tends to get repetitive so fast, and i indeed love the progression of levels,
        and the fighting together with friends instead of against each other
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

After a long hard fought battle? I lost, but i did not cry or complain. Coop offers this but easily accomplished because they are monsters! I like things that move and dont stand still, unlike those monsters that move every 4 seconda allowing me to pop off 2-3 rockets to kill them quickly. No talent involved just shoot and move on. We all enjoy different mods and ways that we play, but in the end we are all quakers.

Comment

mp verses hands-down.

However I probably would play COOP more if I seen more people playing, I've only played COOP maybe about 10 times total in my Quake career heh...
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

we should totally get some servers specially for coop games
              all the servers listed here on the forums are all for versus game-modes, and none for coop

Comment

flanders.quake1.net offers rquake coop, just to name one. check the server browser.
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

DMTG CTF RA ftw!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AAA View Post
                    DMTG CTF RA ftw!!!!
                    erm... gesundheit?
                    spell it out please?

@syluxman
                    yeah i know about rquake coop, but i tried but cant find a link anywhere to the necesary files which isnt dead
                    wanna try it but cant find a working link to the neccesary files anywhere, all links i find are all dead

Comment

Use to love to play deathmatch and teamfortress (various versions) back in the day. Was having fun with it for a long time. Things got boring with deathmatch and teamfortress servers where things just stayed the same. By this I mean the major servers of either type of play the weapons and whatever never changed so it got boring.

Been playing coop scene for past four years on various quakeworld coop servers. Which some have come and gone or are still active. Granted quakeworld / quake players interest is getting less and less every year.

There are still active quakeworld COOP servers:

74.86.171.201:27500 - MegaTF Coop server run by Xavior based on megatf quakeworld mod with a lot of different mods incorporated (hipnotic, travail, etc.). Kinda has RPG style to it where you can gain experience points and level up with new powers and things.

174.49.198.60:27503 - [HCI] Undergate QWCoop server kinda of standard quake coop server incorporating a lot of different mods and/or maps.

65.31.69.75:27500 - Ratbert's CustomTF COOP server which a server I run with my style of coop play. Mod is based on CustomTF COOP with lot of additional custom content thrown into the mix. Basically fast paste COOP on with monsters on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                        @syluxman
                        yeah i know about rquake coop, but i tried but cant find a link anywhere to the necesary files which isnt dead
                        wanna try it but cant find a working link to the neccesary files anywhere, all links i find are all dead
                        Hi Splitter,

If you have one of the more up to date clients such as EngineX, Qrack and Proquake, and join flanders.quake1.net:26001 you shouldn't need any more files as it is a server side mod and the client will normally download the missing maps for you as they are played.
                        Just as a precaution you could try adding the following to your config to make sure your quake client downloads the maps from the right place:
                        Code:
                        cl_web_download "1"
                        cl_web_download_url "bigfoot.quake1.net/"
                        You may be able to find a US based map source which could be substituted in to the above.

If for some reason it doesn't download the map and rejoin the game, on some servers such as bigfoot.quake1.net you could try and force it by typing the following in game:
                        Code:
                        say !getmap -proquake
                        assuming you are using proquake for example However I'm uncertain if the RQuake Coop server can accommodate this.

Failing that, you could always download the missing maps from somewhere like Quaddicted or bigfoot's server.

I hope this is of some help to you

Kind regards

Monty
                        Mr.Burns
                        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

ah... darkplaces doesnt have that feature i think, automatcially downloading maps.
                          at least last time i tried during FFA9 it didnt work when mindz told me how to turn it on

but i found that in the server list next to the flanders server in the list there was link to download the required files

EDIT: ill try and connect later to see if it works after i installed the maps.
                          am to busy with other stuff atm but ill be sure to try it out later or tomorrow

EDIT2: sweet, just tried it and it worked
                          seems like a fun mod, tried it a few minutes, like all the modified and added stuff
                          Last edited by talisa; 06-08-2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Coop of course.
                            All is Co-op.Whether the monsters are wearing jerseys or not.
                            Who likes to frag alone?
                            Last edited by bluntz; 06-13-2012, 08:55 PM.
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

I like them all, coop could be alot more fun, but if more than 4 people join the game it should add extra monsters into the map.. However I voted for Versus, because there is nothing quite like playing against someone with the same weapons, player abilities, and different skill sets, on a map where strategy and aim are not artificial.

Comment

Working...
                              X