What kind of smartphone do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of smartphone do you use?

I'm trying to gather some information on our userbase... just wondering, what kind of smartphone do you use?
    iPhone / iOS
    20.00%
    Android
    15.00%
    Other
    20.00%
    What's a smartphone?
    45.00%

Android, cheap and works for what I need it for.

emailing
    Youtube videos(Leisure use)
    Light networking
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Iphone 4s, great phone, rapes andriod on a daily basis, ( yes i had a andriod ) and it sucked. Both phones have pros and cons, more pros with iphone, theres always an app for what i need it for, easy to use, touch screen works on demand, only froze 1 time on me but its my fault not the device. Overall i give this phone a 8 out of 10, and andriod 4 of 10..
      Getting the new GALAXY III next week on my 2nd line and ill let you know how that works!

Comment

I still have an iPhone 3g, but frequently use it to come here and see whats up when im not at home.

I wouldn't mind seeing a mobile friendly counterpart to the layout. (That could be said of any website. Just gimme the green text on a black background i dont need much more.)

Though todays smartphones are more powerful than the rigs we used to play Quake a few years back. So, as long as the interface is easy to navigate and i dont have to resize or scroll around, i'd give it thumbs up!
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Blackberry Bold (fu*k apple's not gonna get a dime from me) and when i want something smaller with a better camera my oldy Nokia n97.

Comment

Never used in personal life. Only and exclusively when a job requires it.
            I'm online long enough and I don't want to extend it to everywhere.
            ░░▒▒▓▓██ Casi EOF ██▓▓▒▒░░
            ░░▒▒▓▓██ M 4 C G Y V 3 R ██▓▓▒▒░░
            ░░▒▒▓▓██ EOF =D ██▓▓▒▒░░

Comment

Blackberry Bold - Surfing on system 5 is like steam-powered interwebs - but I can check my 'sad sites' at lighting fast speed on any dismal 3G connections.

The screen is waaaaayyyyy too small, but I love the keyboard when texting.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                I still have an iPhone 3g, but frequently use it to come here and see whats up when im not at home.

I wouldn't mind seeing a mobile friendly counterpart to the layout. (That could be said of any website. Just gimme the green text on a black background i dont need much more.)

Though todays smartphones are more powerful than the rigs we used to play Quake a few years back. So, as long as the interface is easy to navigate and i dont have to resize or scroll around, i'd give it thumbs up!
                There's actually a module available that converts a vBulletin forum into a mobile app... one of the reasons of this poll... seeing if it's worth the time, effert and money to go that route or not.

Comment

lol i use a straight talk phone, i want my phone basic as can be, my theory is a phone is used just to talk on and take pics,and simple apps that work on every type of phone with java.. i hate texting.. and I have a computer for my other needs, plus the way i treat my phone i don't want anything expensive.

Comment

I've probably checked out QuakeOne.com on my phone a handful of times, It's not to hard to navigate but it could be a better, maybe even an app!?

I just got done working on custom building 3 mobile themes. I ended up arranging the desktop theme content to be more mobile friendly, such a pain. You have to consider phone AND laptop display for mobile or you're just doing a half-assed job!
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Palm pilot and skype......hehe..
                      Though I did have a dell axim that I used before that..going to replace it with a android slate soon,I have the iphone 4 as well.
                      WARNING
                      May be too intense for some viewers.
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                      ---------------------------
                      .--------------------------

Comment

haha wicked, there might be more pros with apple, but there's one specific CON that outweighs all those pros. Apple products users are dbags. All of em. Which now inlcudes you striker.
                        "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Working...
                        X