Quake1 from now 5 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    I hate quake online gameplay. Its just a bunch of people jumpin around like rabbits that have mastered firing in such a state. To me, that makes the game utter garbage. Not to mention those spawn killers that get like 20 frags on me before I can even "fully spawn". More garbage. I honestly have no idea why you guys love this game so much (online). Maybe after a lot of practice you can master being the bunny rabbit spawn killer or somethin' and that eventually makes it fun?

This is just my opinion based on what I have experienced online. Jumping everywhere to get a nominal speed increase and become a harder target is just freakin annoying. Spawn killing me for 5 minutes straight when I already suck is even more annoying. 2 full days of barely being able to even play = F this game.
    I've never witnessed you on any Quake Server :/ You apparently have never played round-based CAx either, it brings Quake experience to near-perfect arcade level gameplay (no waiting,no fuss,teams are always picked by way of people taking the initiative to pick a color, rather than being picked or,more commonly,NOT PICKED like you will find in TDM servers quite often.)

I tried searching GameStatus for your name MadGypsy and couldn't find you anywhere.

Also it doesn't help your tethered to 4G.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

A

Spawn camping was squashed by random spawns Years ago
      Online is more fruitful due tO the randOmness of real Players
      Single player Is win once win many and no One to share it with
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
        Spawn camping was squashed by random spawns Years ago
        Online is more fruitful due tO the randOmness of real Players
        Well explained in simple terms.

Comment

Long live Quake (Bow down to Quake)
          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
            Beat Marcher Fortress or Once Upon Atrocity or Travail yourself.

You don't have to have a witness to gain the satisfaction of solving a puzzle. Did you have to have someone pat your head beating Super Mario Bros?

Turtlevan and others like RQuake coop for a reason. Single player on interesting maps is fun.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i was thinking, what will quake look like 5 yrs from now. i guess its either sink in new hardware/software formats or swim with re-design. i hope for the latter!
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                i was thinking, what will quake look like 5 yrs from now. i guess its either sink in new hardware/software formats or swim with re-design. i hope for the latter!
                Double-click your Quake.exe icon. That's what Quake will look like in 5 years.
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I am to lazy to flip on my comp to play anymore. It's easier to turn on the xbox with my wireless remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Double-click your Quake.exe icon. That's what Quake will look like in 5 years.
                    thanks smart-ass
                    My Avatars!
                    Quake Leagues
                    Quake 1.5!!!
                    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Souless View Post
                      I am to lazy to flip on my comp to play anymore. It's easier to turn on the xbox with my wireless remote.
                      Hey remember that time you played Quake.... If I convince monkey to play,will you?
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Being seperated from quake for almost 10 years was heart wrenching. Baby ill never leave you again! I know i may not tickle you like i used to, make love to you and hit all the right spots, massage you and rub your shaft, play with your nades, but i promise ill let you grape me with your ssg once in awhile, just be mine forever, quake i love you!

P.S. i will always have a special place for you to put your RL, mmm hmm thats right you guessed it baby! (_o_)
                        Last edited by wicked_lord; 07-29-2012, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Quake is kinda like Michael Jackson... Think about it... Even after all these years, people still listen to MJ's old hits. People will never stop listening to MJ. People will never stop playing Quake (SP and MP). Quake is a titan.
                          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

So far, 3 people voted RageQuit , but failed to bother with the explaining portion.

Disco Rockstar and Splitterface. Souless is just lazy (lies,obv).

Comment

They are all part of the anti quake movement. LoL

Comment

Another 'No' vote without explanation. Sounds like the 'Lurkers' will still be 'Lurking' in 5 years, so,yeah no change there !

Comment

Working...
                                X