Clan Arena X , SETCCLOCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clan Arena X , SETCCLOCK

Does CAx servers neeed 'setcclock' permanently enabled? example, players are 3-4 rounds deep into , examples ; 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and onward. Game is already in progress, and player CC's making it , 1v1v1, or 2v2v1 , or 3v3v1.

No one seems to understand the desire for Asking before you joining a in-progress game (Can I CC?)

Discuss!

I,hate when someone CC's without asking if players mind. Normally,I dont care, but the asking part is what counts.
    Yes
    28.57%
    No
    42.86%
    I dont care
    28.57%
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

what is setcclock?
    "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Cc was a bug in the original CA mod. It was added as a direct feature by request. Because I didn't agree with this feature I added the cc lock as an option for admins. There is a third option called ccvote. If enabled it forces players who want to cc when they try to join it automatically initiates a vote to allow them tO join. So it's like forcing them to ask to join the match, which is my preference.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

i'll put myself out there as a guy that cc's without asking. but most ppl can verify that if it looks like teams are even , or the game is 5 rounds deep and it looks close, i will ask.

and i usually only cc when there is someone to cc with me. i'm a huge hater of the CC'ers that uneven teams, like 2v2 (red/yellow) then a blue guy joins. that should be disbarred entirely, or atleast the observer should be able to start a vote like with a commands as simple as typing "cc" in console, then a vote shows up, "Allow observer(s) to join game".

btw, i read it as setCclock, not setCClock.. so yeah. once again mindz, mi hermano, we differ, i think if you put on a permanent cclock, less ppl will play. especially if a game just started (granted, CAx games don't take a LONG time to conclude), but a lot of CA'ers want to join a server and start playing asap. if there isn't a chance of playing asap, they'll just go play something else.
        "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

rook - you're such a nostradamus. so ccvote exists, void my previous post, i thibk ccvote is the rational compromise and most beneficial option.

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          So it's like forcing them to ask to join the match, which is my preference.
          mine too.

Comment

personally if im on the server and admin'd up, and someone CC's during a 1v1 without asking i will always most likely do a admin-remove #x for player to be removed from the game. Asking is polite, joining is rude and results in pissing people off. So therefore be mature and ask to join, if there is a 1v1 going on and you ask, DO NOT JOIN just because 1 of the player's tells you to, make sure both are ok with it. It's very simple. But as for locking CC full time, no i don't agree with it. It's a pain in the ass and if someone get's disconnected and comes back to claim their spot then it is what it is. The VOTE CC would be more benefitial so the persons in "GAME" can vote to allow the CC.

Comment

It rarely happen but I can add a ghost code for players that lagout

Comment

So, then that is the best route, CCVOTE ftw?
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

If an admin is present they can yes or spawnnow and the cc player in limbo will get in. Ive seen in the past that they keep spamming the cc vote. There is no sure answer. But sometimes a finger in ur butt will tell u if ur gonna die.

Comment

Right, back when i seen the CC vote years ago, it was spammed ALOT. But we don't have as many player's these day's to worry about this i don't think. I mean by now everyone should be mature and enjoy the game and respect it if people are 1v1'ing or 2v2 or whatever the case may be.. You join the game mid stroke, wait till next match to get in. Obviously not everyone is an admin and has the rights to spawn cc'ers or remove cc'ers at will. My personal view is, the CC vote would be great, but if spamming the vote goes on then what? Locking the CC is just not going to work in my opinion. It would be unfair to those who could fill in if someone RQ's or has to leave in a moment's notice. So either which way you can think of it, pull the finger out the butt now because your breathing and death has not occured.

Comment

Working...
                    X