hell i don't know!
    18.18%
    hell!.....wait.....what?
    18.18%
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

hmm not really. it are two completely different kinda of games. shooter yes, but except for that they are totally different

doom: demons from hell in sci-fi bases
    quake: bizarre lovecraftian monsters from another dimension

yeah sure i get why people see the link. demons from hell coming in through a portal, or monsters from another dimension coming in through slipgates. and you play the heroes sci-fi marine in a fancy armor. and both have zombie soldiers with shotguns. and of course quake has some sci-fi base maps too. but thats pretty much where the similarities stop.

i'd think the games are to different though to mix. and i think it might feel kinda weird to have the monsters from quake and the ones from doom in the same game
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

i think the differences would be the interesting part. their from different universes, so they have to work together to overcome their differences and save earth from some threat...
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

The only Quake/Doom crossover I would desire to see? The type that plays out like Red vs Blue , Us vs Them , Quake Characters vs Doom Characters... I played both,but its like comparing the original NES Mario Brothers 1 to say, SuperMarioWorld.

Very similar, but very different generations. I never played Doom3 so I have nothing to refer to. Even if I had played it,I am pretty sure I would still be playing q1 exclusively.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vZGimCVMD4]Quake 1 - Main Theme (music) - YouTube[/ame]
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

that would actually be a kinda cool idea mindz.

like mebbe make a team deathmatch mod,
          where that one team gets to fight as doom monsters and the other team gets to fight as quake monsters

as in like, hell versus quake dimension
          which evil force would win... hell's armies, or quake's armies?
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
            that would actually be a kinda cool idea mindz.

like mebbe make a team deathmatch mod,
            where that one team gets to fight as doom monsters and the other team gets to fight as quake monsters

as in like, hell versus quake dimension
            which evil force would win... hell's armies, or quake's armies?
            precisely.

Quake1 universe VS Doom universe, in multiple flavors...

"Character Level" based gameplay / very very SLIGHT rpg element,in terms of each character has strengths/weaknesses!

&

Gameplay for the character you choose is no different from another, a pure level playing field with no regaurd for what character you choose. like CAx practice mode,just add custom player models (that other players see!)
            Also, the inclusion of Hell in all options leaves me unable to vote for any of them for the _ _ _ _ of it. Guess that word!
            Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-01-2012, 03:14 PM.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

well no, that wasnt realy what i thought.

i was thinking of something like this....

its a kind of team-game, kill the others boss.

each team represents one army, one team is hell and consists of doom enemies.
              each enemy will have its pros and cons, like shotgun soldier has ranged attack is in shooting which deals a bunch of damage but his attack speed is slow and he doesnt have much health. and pinky for example is fast and can deal quite a lot of damage when he bites and he has a lot of health, but he lacks ranged attack and thus he is only effective if you manage to get close to another player. but the fact that he is fast and has a lot of health balances out the fact he has no ranged attack cuz you are sure to be able to get close

and each time would have like, a base boss which spawns the players and this boss character stands on a platform with a short gap in between it so that enemies which dont have ranged attacks cannot damage it which adds that players really have to work together as a team and use different enemies to be able to win.

and the point of the game is not to kill the members of the other team but instead the 'boss' character of the team, which is a stationary boss of the game which spawns the players. this boss character would have something like 50.000 hp or so and doesnt attack back and just serves as a spawner for the players and their 'base'.

and the fact that all enemies are different but balanced makes for that players really have to work together as a team and use different combinations of monsters to achieve victory together

very very basic idea of an a map with little to no detail but more to show what i meant about the area where the boss character would be of each team
              Last edited by talisa; 09-01-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

This poll is a contradiction in itself, since they're too similar for a crossover to make any sense. This is like saying "would you like a crossover of Pink and Lady Gaga?".

Quake is basically Doom with a different theme. You might argue that Quake has shamblers and Doom has cyberdemons, but in both games you're killing everything that moves, pushing switches and finding the exit. And both games pit you as a scifi soldier against monsters from another dimension.

Quake is just browner.

People who argue that Quake is totally different from Doom simply are so attached to it that they can't see the forest for the trees. Compare them to, say, Final Fantasy, and you might get an idea of how similar they really are.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                  This poll is a contradiction in itself, since they're too similar for a crossover to make any sense. This is like saying "would you like a crossover of Pink and Lady Gaga?".

Quake is basically Doom with a different theme. You might argue that Quake has shamblers and Doom has cyberdemons, but in both games you're killing everything that moves, pushing switches and finding the exit. And both games pit you as a scifi soldier against monsters from another dimension.

Quake is just browner.

People who argue that Quake is totally different from Doom simply are so attached to it that they can't see the forest for the trees. Compare them to, say, Final Fantasy, and you might get an idea of how similar they really are.
                  im going to explain how i think this would work. basicaly, it could be said that the events of quake and doom are diffrent interpretations of the same event.
                  -they both fight hell-like monsters
                  -they are both solo for the most part
                  -arsenals are similar
                  if anybody has ever read the marvel zombies comics you might recognise this cover.imaging both doomguy and quake guy each look into a portal. and this is what happens:
                  Attached Files
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

hasn't this already been done in some ways?

Comment

i like mindz idea, i can vision it, and make the doom team have doom weapons and quake team have quake weapons etc..

Comment

did you try this deleted mod Images - Generations W-D-Q v1.0 Mod for Quake - Mod DB
                        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
                          i like mindz idea, i can vision it, and make the doom team have doom weapons and quake team have quake weapons etc..
                          I realize though that it can't be limited in scope of 1 Quake game and 1 Doom game.
                          Fans of say, Quake2's SARGE would be pissed if he didn't make an appearance, just as I would be pissed if Ranger (or 'Quake Guy' , Baker didn't make an appearance.

Also how to make the weaponry equal in their usability , like these weapons

RocketLauncher
                          Lightning Gun
                          RailGun

vs

BFG

IIRC, the BFG would smash the shit out of some Quake weaponry,save exception the RailGun and its instant possible death.

I never understood why the fucking nerf'd the Railgun, I mean I recall using one that was like a 1hitterquitter, and then later on I noticed it took tons of RailGun hits to kill someone.AAHHHHH the insanity.
                          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-04-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

perhaps to counter the bfg rogue's plasmagun could be included (powered up version of lightning gun)

it kinda works like the bfg, fires a ball which explodes and does massive damage on impact, and on impact it shoots lightning-bolts to anyone close which does enough damage to insta-kill players (i think about the bolts damage, dunno for sure. i know the bolts do the same amount of damage as a rocket does on direct hit)

except for that, both games have similar weaponry

both games have shotgun and double-barrel shotgun
                            quake has nailgun, doom has chaingun
                            quake has supernailgun, doom has plasmagun
                            quake and doom both have rocketlaunchers
                            quake has axe, doom has fists

only thing which quake has and doom not is grenade-launcher
                            and doom has chainsaw, but it wouldnt be weird at all if quake team had one too since the ogre has one
                            Last edited by talisa; 09-05-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

but i actually wasnt thinking about rangers vs marines, i was talking about doom monsters VS quake monsters.
                              have the players control monsters, not have them play as marines and rangers

Comment

Working...
                              X