Jump Adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump Adjustments

Is there a way to adjust how high you jump in darkplaces?

i think that is a qc edit... maybe something to do with gravity. im kinda guessing but trying to be helpful

Comment

sv_cheats "1"
      sv_gravity "90"
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

look for the magic 270 value in client.qc
        tweaking it will of course result in prediction misses, so be aware of that.
        Some Game Thing

Comment

WallJumps and Bunny hops for NQ

Here's something fun for you to play with.
          **Warning** this will piss off mappers like rocket jumping would...
          this code allows for walljumps (like WarSoW) and bunny hopping like QW...
          I have this feature in CAx which is used in SpeedBall mode, and everyone gets a kick 1st time they try it.

Add this function above PutClientInServer, define timetojump as a global..
          Code:
          .float 	timetojump;
          .float 	timetojump2;

void() player_touch =
          {
          	//R00k: Optional Double Jumps
          	if ((other.solid == SOLID_BSP) && (self.button2))
          	{
          		if ((time > self.timetojump) && (time > self.timetojump2))
          		{
          			if ((!self.flags & FL_ONGROUND)) 
          				self.flags = self.flags | FL_ONGROUND;

self.velocity = v_up + (self.velocity * 2);
          			self.velocity = v_forward + (self.velocity * 1.0666);//small push when jumping
          			self.velocity = v_right   + (self.velocity * 1.0666);//small push when jumping

self.timetojump2 = time + 0.4;
          			return;
          		}
          	}
          };
          in PutClientInServer...
          Code:
          	self.air_finished	= time + 12;
          	self.effects  		= 0;
          	self.axhitme		= 0;
          	[COLOR="Orange"]self.touch 		= player_touch;[/COLOR]//<-- add here in 'PutClientInServer'
          in PlayerJump...
          Code:
          //find this part
          	sound (self, CHAN_BODY, "player/plyrjmp8.wav", 1, ATTN_NORM);
          	self.velocity_z = (self.velocity_z + 270);	

[COLOR="ORANGE"]	//R00k speedy bunnyhop and walljumps
          	self.timetojump = time + (0.2); //double jump *Optional*
          	self.velocity = v_forward + (self.velocity * 1.0666);//small push when jumping
          	self.velocity = v_right   + (self.velocity * 1.0666);//small push when jumping[/COLOR]
          };
          Enjoy! You have been warned
          Last edited by R00k; 05-22-2013, 09:51 AM.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

ohhhh codeblocks with edits hilighted. That's what's up. Nice clean nesting too. I appreciate your use of the tab button.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I just added this...
              i cant stand jumping in quake i always miss my mark of where i am trying to hit.
              i just played with it for a second but i got a jump forward then i kinda shot forward. it will take me a bit to get use to the controls but i think its gonna help. that map seven recommend has some shitty jumps in it but its a good map. so ill try to add this to quoth too.

if we add stuff like this to our qc and play online are we going to get black balled? is it better to do this in one install of quake and have a different install for online play?

formatting makes all the difference in understanding for me. i looked at some mods that i know some guys had to be having too much fun because the coed was all over the place and there was little formatting but the comments were funny.

Comment

I may be wrong here JD but I don't think your progs has jack shit to do with online. If it did, anyone could hack their ass off. You could make it to where you gain health from being shot, fly, glitch through walls, etc... And you better believe that if all that was possible you would get 3 new things

1) a horde of new quakers
                2) a portion of that horde would be new coders
                3) completely unplayable online Quake due to the horde of hackers using the new coders progs

Actually, you want a huge quake scene? Make online play progs hackable and you wont be able to get rid of the mob that will appear.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                  Actually, you want a huge quake scene? Make online play progs hackable and you wont be able to get rid of the mob that will appear.

Wow a mob of kimps, no thanks loooool
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

The PROGS.DAT only runs on the server. In single player, yes, your client is running a local server, thus executing the progs.dat on your machine. But when you connect to a server online, all the logic is being executed on the remote machine. So, your own modifications will not effect gameplay.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                    X