Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I toggle always run with caps lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I toggle always run with caps lock?

Why doesn't this work?

// Caps Lock toggles Always Run
    alias always_walk "echo always-walk;cl_forwardspeed 200;cl_backspeed 200;cl_sidespeed 350;bind capslock always_run;bind shift +speed"
    alias always_run "echo always-run;cl_forwardspeed 400;cl_backspeed 400;cl_sidespeed 700;bind capslock always_walk;bind shift -speed"
    always_walk
    bind capslock always_run

by analogy, the following DOES work:

/ Redefined Zoom
    alias zoom_out "sensitivity 6;fov 5;wait;fov 10;wait;fov 30;wait;fov 50;wait;fov 70;wait;fov 90;bind MOUSE2 zoom_in"
    alias zoom_in "sensitivity 2;fov 90;wait;fov 70;wait;fov 50;wait;fov 30;wait;fov 10;wait;fov 5;bind MOUSE2 zoom_out"
    zoom_out
    bind MOUSE2 zoom_in

when you press shift (+speed) it executes the +speed function though, when u let go of shift it automatically execute -speed.

your second alias has -speed which does nothing.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I assume you are using a client that actually supports binding capslock (not all clients do)

I tested with proquake and the following does work:

Code:
      alias go_fast "cl_forwardspeed 400;cl_backspeed 400;cl_sidespeed 400"
      alias go_slow "cl_forwardspeed 50;cl_backspeed 50;cl_sidespeed 50"
      alias +walk go_slow
      alias -walk go_fast
      alias +run go_fast
      alias -run go_slow
      alias always_walk "go_slow;echo always-walk;bind capslock always_run;bind shift +run"
      alias always_run "go_fast;echo always-run;bind capslock always_walk;bind shift +walk"
      always_walk
      bind capslock always_run
      The thing is, the actual speed reported by proquake (show_speed 1) is actually a lot higher then the number you'd expect, in other words:
      cl_forwardspeed 50 results in a value of 92 reported on screen.

Basically your values where too high to notice a difference..
      The whole thing is complicated by the use of the +speed -speed commands (those basically cap the cl_whateverdirection values) and the fact that the max speed value is not controlled by the client but by the server (default sv_maxspeed 320). Note that in a single-player-game, the client also acts as the server, but the sv_maxspeed value is still in effect.

Anyways, long story short, by eliminating the +speed/-speed commands, and substituting those with aliases that make a little more sense in the context of the other aliases, it all works as desired
      Last edited by =peg=; 09-19-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

are you still missing monsters in the smc if so check the multi monster settings and if its set to use 2 models make check that you have 2 of them like

knight.mdl
        and knight1.mdl

also inside the mdl check that it has 2 skin options skin0 and skin1 to open the mdl use the program qme. if you need more help with that let me know...

Comment

Hi Peg!

Hey thanks for the tip I been trying this couple of time without success.

When I'll play I'd like to "walk" vs "run" just to confuse my enemies.

Also a slower "movement" might help for the LG.

I'll try this with Qrack and will let you know the result.

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
          I assume you are using a client that actually supports binding capslock (not all clients do)

I tested with proquake and the following does work:

Code:
          alias go_fast "cl_forwardspeed 400;cl_backspeed 400;cl_sidespeed 400"
          alias go_slow "cl_forwardspeed 50;cl_backspeed 50;cl_sidespeed 50"
          alias +walk go_slow
          alias -walk go_fast
          alias +run go_fast
          alias -run go_slow
          alias always_walk "go_slow;echo always-walk;bind capslock always_run;bind shift +run"
          alias always_run "go_fast;echo always-run;bind capslock always_walk;bind shift +walk"
          always_walk
          bind capslock always_run
          The thing is, the actual speed reported by proquake (show_speed 1) is actually a lot higher then the number you'd expect, in other words:
          cl_forwardspeed 50 results in a value of 92 reported on screen.

Basically your values where too high to notice a difference..
          The whole thing is complicated by the use of the +speed -speed commands (those basically cap the cl_whateverdirection values) and the fact that the max speed value is not controlled by the client but by the server (default sv_maxspeed 320). Note that in a single-player-game, the client also acts as the server, but the sv_maxspeed value is still in effect.

Anyways, long story short, by eliminating the +speed/-speed commands, and substituting those with aliases that make a little more sense in the context of the other aliases, it all works as desired

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
            Thanks peg.

Using the latest stable DarkPlaces for Windows x64
            No error message when typing "bind capslock", so that means the key is recognized.

When I press Caps Lock, nothing happens.
            The echo string doesn't get printed to the top of the screen.
            The movement speed setting doesn't get switched.
            Momentary walk/run by holding shift works if I input "always_run" or "always_walk" at the console, so the alias is correct.

Comment

dp bug???????

Comment

Try esc
                options
                always run on
                Attached Files

Comment

Updating Quake Epsilon

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                  are you still missing monsters in the smc if so check the multi monster settings and if its set to use 2 models make check that you have 2 of them like

knight.mdl
                  and knight1.mdl

also inside the mdl check that it has 2 skin options skin0 and skin1 to open the mdl use the program qme. if you need more help with that let me know...
                  Thanks Stoner. I have reset my Epsilon build and I am keeping a detailed changelog this time, documenting every action I make.

Many people have downloaded Epsilon and really liked it. Metamorphosis hasn't updated Epsilon over at moddb for a while, my goal is to bring it up to speed with the latest assets and code available, and produce a patch for the old one, as well as a self-contained distribution for new users.

At first I thought the idea of random multiskins was cool, but currently each of the 6 mission packs in Epsilon have different sets of models/skins assigned to them, giving each mission more of a distinct personality. Thanks to Seven's SMC, there is enough randomness in id1, mp1, mp2 already.

Having a ball doing this by the way.

Comment

take a look at this mod collection

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...ew-spawns.html

it needs some updating but not as much as Epsilon. personally i like to run the smc code but i pull a lot of models from this too.

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                      take a look at this mod collection

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...ew-spawns.html

it needs some updating but not as much as Epsilon. personally i like to run the smc code but i pull a lot of models from this too.
                      Have been checking it out a bit, seems more optimized than Epsilon. Most importantly, QHD addresses the stuck demon issue in DP. Tried it with Quake Injector and some maps'N mods.
                      Noticeably, no hipoly models for soldier, enforcer, demon or ogre, but a lot of random skins all set up and working, which I like.

Read the Travail interview at Quake booth, and a lecture and Q&A by John Carmack. Very interesting stuff. Tried Fitzquake too, since it is the target client for Travail, but hard to go back to pixelated textures. :-/ DP has a few bugs with Travail, but nothing show-stopping.

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Hey this works like a charm haha.

If you try this you will not believe what you see.. that's a 1st impression hehe!

QRACK COMPATIBLE

Comment

^^Sp4mb0t??

Code:
                          About sarahfletcherrz

hmm

anyways on a side note....

I will make a feature in Qrack, cl_basespeedkey 1, and in combination with the +speed if you have ALWAYS run on, then your +speed bound key will be used to slow u down.
                          or else it will act as normal. That way all you need to bind to capslock is "toggle cl_basespeedkey"..
                          Last edited by R00k; 09-27-2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X