Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
    (although xaGe apparently dont like this Armor - hehe)
    LOL.. Its YOUR mod, do as you wish!
    I also saw a QW alternate armor that will work in Quake / DP"

QuakeWorld GFX - Models / Armor / Armor Replacement
    ^^ FYI that armor is ripped from the Valve's HL mod Deathmatch Classic.

Finally there are Q3'ish styles in Electro's old Quake1 Arena conversion which xaGe helped me find the latest one a few months back...
    ^^ FYI although I didn't do it that model is ripped from Q3A.
    Last edited by xaGe; 01-10-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• @cobalt
      ah yush i remember seeing that armor once before long ago, the one over at quakeworld.
      ill add it to the list

@xage
      no its not ripped from DMC, if you look here you can see the armor in DMC looks very different from the model posted at quakeworld
      List of weapons and items in Deathmatch Classic - Half-Life Wiki

about the other armor:
      its an ms2 model, which is a model format i am not familiar with and none of the programs i have can open the model?
      also, its packed along with a whole bunch of other files.
      for now i wont post it unless someone can convert it to a format which is usable by quake-clients (at least DP).

also, if the model is indeed ripped from Q3A i wont post it at all
      Last edited by talisa; 01-11-2015, 12:16 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• ive also added an alternate backpack model from quakeworld reloaded pack to the list
        i completely forgot i had this model cuz i always play with SMC and have alternate pickup models enabled

couldnt find a download to the full pack anywhere anymore, so ive uploaded the backpack in its own pk3 to my dropbox for you all
        Last edited by talisa; 01-11-2015, 12:28 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
          about the other armor:
          its an ms2 model
          Yeah... that's not a model persay. That is a .ms2 mesh file created by the game engine from the mdl when the mod was ran. Modern engines did away with them.

The model is in the Pak0.pak /progs/armor.mdl

..AND Cobalt I thought I suggested you remove that glquake mesh folder because it confuses the new players! Any old engine that still generates a mesh will just generate a new one for each model the next time it is ran anyway.
          Last edited by xaGe; 01-11-2015, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• ah that explains...
            was already wondering why none of the programs i had would open it.

i have no experience with GLquake so i didnt know it was something created by the game-engine and not the actual model

i just looked at the model, and indeed as xage said... that model is ripped from Q3A.
            so i wont post it in this list. its a copyrighted model, which i cannot post for that reason

if you could also remove the link please cobalt, as that pack contains models ripped from Q3A
            Last edited by talisa; 01-11-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Hmm, reminds me of the debacle recently where Seven accused PL of posting "his" code. Not that I am trying to stir that up again, but I was looking at one of his posts/tuts for alternate v_weaponmodels and as far as I can tell, 1 or 2 of them are direct rips from q2....because the models even have the "q2" prefix. Granted, that is not your posted topic, its his, but I will edit my post here to the Q1 Arena mod Electro made so its not in this thread.

As far as I can tell, alot of the base Q3/Arena files came in the same manner like Q1 did, that is, pak0 so to speak, has the "shareware" game with all the common models , sounds etc. So usually that means the files are "shareware" as well, meaning you CAN share them as long as you are not selling them commercially. The Q1 Arena mod is not commercial, so I am not sure why they are not allowed in this thread but for your request I Will remove them,

Originally posted by talisa View Post
              if you could also remove the link please cobalt, as that pack contains models ripped from Q3A

Comment

• 'shareware' is a general term, not a specific license. NEVER make the mistake that one license is identical to another because that's simply not true.
                shareware means that the license permits you to copy+redistribute the work to another person without the express permission of the copyright holder. it does NOT mean that you can extract bits and use them in things other than the shareware work. it does NOT mean that you can edit them or convert them to a different format etc etc.
                If you want to modify it, you'd better damn well buy the full game. and by that, I mean the full games of *BOTH* quake3 and quake. And if you want to distribute that amalgamation mod, then you're violating both licenses.

Your whole 'but I'm not doing it commercially' thing is complete bollocks. Shareware software was distributed on the understanding that it would be included on demo cds etc with commercial magazines. Which is why preventing editing was so important, to prevent magazine companies from stripping all the splash+sell screens etc.

just because its available in a demo of some game doesn't mean you can steal it for whatever other game, even if its shareware.
                Some Game Thing

Comment

• I guess my response to that would be NEVER believe something just because its printed in 1's and 0's.

In this case I dont see the threat to Quake 3 by placing q3 armors, sounds or other "copyrighted" material of it into Q1. Or is the argument merely "because the readme says so " ?

Lets say someone plays q1 arena and likes it, now they know what Q3 would be like, so as a result they may want to go out and get q3. As a result, you are still promoting q3 as well as q1....its positive publicity for ID or whoever owns the rights of the license etc.

All through this site (and probably lots others on the web) there are lots of other cases I saw q3 stuff like the q3 players face going onto a q1 hud mod, and people thought it was "kool". I really dont think the developers care otherwise they would take the time to file suits on those sites hosting the files. What they do instead, it press forward and dont look back I think.

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                  just because its available in a demo of some game doesn't mean you can steal it for whatever other game, even if its shareware.

Comment

• well... its not about wether ID cares or not, i dun doubt they dont give a shit.

fact remains its illegal to distribute them in any other way then in the shareware package due to copyright.

and i'd rather not provide any links to anything that contains copyrighted stuff which is taken from other games.

Comment

• same argument over here

Support for Quake 3 models
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• i have been away from this site for quite a while, and am glad i decided to check back in to see what ive been missing. this is a great compilation, i am looking forward to checking out a bunch of these, and am glad to see you have included some of my personal favorites as well. cheers

Comment

• of course, ive made this list with the intention of listing litterally EVERYTHING there is out there in terms of HD replacement content

hope the list will help you put together the 'perfect setup' for your preferences

Comment

• im pretty confident it will.. it is very thorough. nice work

Comment

• added lunaran's improved knight-model to the list,
                              as well as links to my edits of d1554573r's and reforged skins for lunaran's model

also, thanx kreaper

Comment

• just added links to the replacement RL nailguns that i made couple days ago to the list!

Comment

Working...
                                X