Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you use typical (white copy) paper to make make a model? or is it a specific type?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• its best to use slightly thicker paper which is more sturdy and isnt prone to crumpling and folding by itself,
      and with thicker paper you can use a stanley knife to gently trace the outside of edges to make the corners sharper

and be sure to use a good glue, which sticks right away but is still adjustable,
      and which isnt to slippery and water-like. good glue and good slightly thicker paper can make a huge difference

ive made several papercraft models myself over time,
      and you can really tell the difference between models made with thicker paper and good glue,
      and the ones made with regular paper and cheap glue.

the ones i made with thick paper and good glue still look perfect years later,
      ones done with copy paper and cheap glue have slumped down over time and i had to repair them several times
      Last edited by talisa; 06-04-2015, 04:54 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hi, thx for the great guide. It really helped me get good old Quake look great for a nostalgic replay.

I did notice some links are not working.

For example, FCZ's enhanced RT lights there is no valid link.

Also, fragger's site is down. I was able to get killgenion's fixed monsters, but I can't find hipnotic addon monster links anywhere.

The box with the glowing radiation sign "ooppee-barrels-with-shader.pk3" is also not available, but i was able to google FU it from here:

Index of /highres_quake

Could you please share those if you have them?

Will report more dead links as I find them.

edit: Nergal's "sword" and "dragon & wrath (and old sword)" zippyshare links are also down.
        Last edited by drowning_witch; 06-04-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• ugh.... thats the shit with people using file-hosts which throw away their uploads after a period

ah well, no worries! i have them all, and uploaded them all to my dropbox (where files dont expire)

OoPpEe's explo-boxes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uryiwj8j89...hader.pk3?dl=0

Reforged's ROGUE dragon and wrath: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibyvp3y2hn...02048.zip?dl=0

reforged's updated ROGUE sword: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nj1is4660n...mdl_0.jpg?dl=0

fragger's HD monster-skins for hipnotic https://www.dropbox.com/s/v39k05ncmx...agger.pk3?dl=0

FCZ's enhanced RT-lights: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xn8xq1kq4...light.rar?dl=0

EDIT: added all dropbox links to the initial posts about the items!

thanx for notifying me about the broken links drowning
          Last edited by talisa; 06-04-2015, 04:54 PM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thank you talisa!

just in time as I am finishing up the base game. 4 levels left on the last episode, and then the expansions. Can't believe how much fun these games still are.

I can't even imagine how much time it would take to get all of these mods without this guide, so your effort truly deserves commendation.

Comment

• @drowning
              oh believe me, it does indeed take a loooot of time....
              it took me many countless searches and over a year to find all the stuff i listed in this thread

i made this thread specially to save others that effort of having to waste countless hours of searching to find everything,
              so im glad to hear it saved you that time

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                @drowning
                oh believe me, it does indeed take a loooot of time....
                it took me many countless searches and over a year to find all the stuff i listed in this thread

i made this thread specially to save others that effort of having to waste countless hours of searching to find everything,
                so im glad to hear it saved you that time
                lol i remember how many times i kept asking for the same hd stuff from you, those were dark times indeed.
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• just added the armor, G_shot and axe and rogue waterfall which seven posted here to the list:
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post158835
                  Last edited by talisa; 06-08-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• just added the thunderbolt to the list which was converted from valve's deathmatch classic

the original links went down but thankfully seven was so kind to share it
                    so now the model is available again

Comment

• omg 2048 * 2048 lava man holy shit I didn't know there was one that high res!!!
                      Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

• There was a reforged Ogre Skin for Mission Pack 2, different from the current one, more similar to the original with green shirt and blue tattoo on his arm, I've lost it: can someone upload it please?
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• alternate reforged skin for ROGUE which has green shirt?
                          im afraid i dont know that one.

the only ones i know are the officially released multi-G ogre by nergal,
                          and the one by webangel which is based on nergals early ogre. but neither of them have a shirt

the only ogre with green shirt i can think of is OoPpEe's skin for TeaMonster's hi-poly ogre model

Comment

• I'm sure there was a version, maybe a pre-release, with tattooo and green shirt. Unfortunately I've lost it
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• You are correct. I remember this as well and I may even have it. Only problem is: I have no idea where I may have it. Let me see what (if anything) I can find.

edit:

You want this but HD, right? I can't seem to find it. Maybe I just thought there was an HD version.
                              Last edited by Anubis; 06-19-2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
                                There was a reforged Ogre Skin for Mission Pack 2, different from the current one, more similar to the original with green shirt and blue tattoo on his arm, I've lost it: can someone upload it please?
                                Originally posted by talisa View Post
                                alternate reforged skin for ROGUE which has green shirt?
                                im afraid i dont know that one.
                                Originally posted by Anubis View Post
                                You are correct. I remember this as well and I may even have it. Only problem is: I have no idea where I may have it. Let me see what (if anything) I can find.

edit:

You want this but HD, right? I can't seem to find it. Maybe I just thought there was an HD version.

You guys are really strange.
                                Why for the love of God is there a 'Starter Kit' available ?
                                It contains more skins that you may think of. Even many skins that are not released elsewhere !! Blood Vengeance says he is using the smc and is asking for various files in various other threads which are all in there...
                                You guys should look more thoroughly into things that you download.

That ogre boss is in the Starter Kit v3.80, v3.81 and v4.15.
                                click me and scroll down that post. Read more details about it in the readme.txt

Comment

Working...
                                X