Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Quake HD Pack I mentioned in the previous post, I noticed there's a neat little feature where the shotgun and supershotgun will eject a spent shell after each shot. I'd like to extract this one particular thing and add it to a personalized pk3 I'm building. I hunted through the various pk3's in the Quake HD Pack id1 folder and I think I have all the necessary model, texture, and sound files. It appears as though it's gonna require something in this included "progs.dat" file to work properly though. I opened the file in notepad, but it's 5000 miles long and I have nooooooooooo clue what I even need to be looking for. Anybody know how I can extract this portion from the DAT file to make this work properly?

Uploaded the DAT file here in case that'll help:
    http://focalor.tastyspleen.net/stuff...t_progsdat.zip
    Last edited by Focalor; 07-29-2016, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Focalor,

this is a Small Mod Compilation feature, ask Seven:

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...html#post77321

Comment

• Thank you. Will do.

Comment

• Noob question, what´s the difference between normal maps textures and the other link?

Comment

• @focalor
            Im currently on vacation to germany, so I currently dont have access to my compy
            ill make A dropbox mirror for both files once I get back home on friday.

@randomquake

The normal-maps are an addon for the standard textures.
            When r_glsl_offsetmapping is enabled through console they Will add A semi-3D effect to the entire maps.

Like what you can see in the above picture

Or for A comparison to make it more obvious: (not a quake-pic but shows difference)

The default textures are REQUIRED and the normal-maps Will not work without them,
            The normal-maps are an optional addon to enhance the look of the textures
            Last edited by talisa; 08-03-2016, 02:04 PM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
              @focalor
              Im currently on vacation to germany, so I currently dont have access to my compy
              ill make A dropbox mirror for both files once I get back home on friday.

@randomquake

The normal-maps are an addon for the standard textures.
              When r_glsl_offsetmapping is enabled through console they Will add A semi-3D effect to the entire maps.

Like what you can see in the above picture

Or for A comparison to make it more obvious: (not a quake-pic but shows difference)

The default textures are REQUIRED and the normal-maps Will not work without them,
              The normal-maps are an optional addon to enhance the look of the textures
              Thanks you explained it very well.

Comment

• Under "pickups & powerups", 8th link listed...

OoPpEe/lambenthammerburst has also made some great-looking alternative models for all powerups
                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-powerups.html
                At the bottom of the first post, there's a screenshot with a great looking rocket launcher in it. Anybody know if that's part of a set of weapons, and where I might find it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Focalor View Post
                  Under "pickups & powerups", 8th link listed...

At the bottom of the first post, there's a screenshot with a great looking rocket launcher in it. Anybody know if that's part of a set of weapons, and where I might find it?

I don´t know where to download it, but it looks like the Original from TF2, is probably the same model.

Comment

• yeah that definitely looks like the old TF2 rocketlauncher
                    no idea who mightve ported it and i dont have it either.

also just created a dropbox mirror for the weapons by ruohis from which focalor mentioned that the links were no longer valid

I replaced the links in thread with new dropbox links
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Focalor View Post
                      Holy shalrath, THAT is the absolutely awesome RL that I saw on YouTube once and that I've been hunting for ever since! If someone ever finds it or feels like porting it, PLEASE SHARE! That's an order.
                      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• that particular RL model cant be shared cuz its a rocketlauncher model from team fortress 2,
                        which means its under copyright by valve
                        https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Original

and even if i didnt care about copyright, i dont have the model
                        Last edited by talisa; 08-22-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Guys,

In which century do we live in ?
                          It is the digital age. Everything is available for download on the internet.
                          Since we have Google even easier ...
                          I will not post links here as it is not legal. I only say that the webpage has something to do with bananas.

The rocket launcher is available for download in different flavors:

Once you downloaded your favorite one, you only have to animate the model.
                          It is a simple animation because weapons do only move + spin a little during animation.

And you will be able to use it in your Quake:
                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qp8W2ORPqk[/ame]

Comment

• I'd almost think you were talking about GameBanana, but the Quake skins directory doesn't have anything nearly that good listed in it.
                            TF2 is a free game, which I have a copy of, and I also own all the Quake games on Steam, so it's too bad I and others like me can't get a copy of this great skin.

Comment

• Seven

Thanks a bunch for pointing us in the right direction. I'll try to beat the scavenger hunt. However, I'm no programmer and I don't know squat about making animations. Do I have to write a script in a file? Which file and what would the script look like?

@Mirrorman it's not just a skin but a remodel altogether: look at the exhaust vents on the RL, they're hollow.
                              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• I know, it's literally a port of the TF2 weapon based on the Quake 1 Rocket Launcher called "The Original" back into Quake. I just don't know which site he's talking about. GameBanana would usually have remodels like that filed under "Skins", but the Quake "Skins" section of the site does not have this.

Comment

Working...
                                X