Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a drake post too!!!

Comment

@JD
      it wouldnt be anything else other then a re-organized list of my drake-items thread?
      there wouldnt be a point to have another thread with the same list
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

darkplaces supports a lot of features which even most modern games dont have.
        perfect example: realtime reflections on water.
        Ogre supports reflective water. I believe the CS:S engine does as well if you turn that effect on (ie...it's not default). If CryEngine doesn't support reflective water I would be hella surprised. I think most current game engines totally support it, it's just so processor intensive that it is either turned off and/or excluded as a menu option from the final game.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

@gypsy
          i didnt say modern games dont support it but limited reflections.
          as i explained they tend to have limited reflections which are only reflect certain elements and not everything or are low-res reflections,
          and not fully 100% high-res reflections of everything in detail like darkplaces, cuz such highly detailed 100%everything reflections require such a crazy amount of resources
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thank you Talisa.

So with that being said I just need a more powerful computer to run it properly with The SMC and Lights. It blows my mind how much cpu the new stuff can take. So I will just frag em out with the updated textures minus the rest until I get a better system.
            Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

just disabling RT-lights and turning off reliefmapping should give you a good framerate

if you still notice bad performance in areas with reflective surface, disable DP-pretty-water and remove teleport-shaders

the SMC itself wont cause any loss of framerate since its a gameplay-mod,
              and framerate-drop might only be experienced if you get multiple explosions right in your face
              or a lot of scrags firing simulatanously at you, depending on wether you use the more fancy effect for trail of their projectiles or not

HD models and textures wont give any framerate loss at all, you can use them without any noticable difference in framerate

Comment

What do you think?

Which textures do you all think look and fit the best between Rygels's and Quake reforged?

Comment

QRP's world-textures are much better.
                  most of the textures in rygel's pack are nothing more then upscaled textures from QRP with a filter put over them,
                  and the stuff in rygels pack is outdated and some look just plain ugly

QRP's textures are also much more authentic then the one in rygel's pack

in a while i will start making list for ROGUE/missionpack 2

Comment

Agreed!

When I first started playing Quake with all the updates and stuff I started out with Rygel's Texture pack and thought WOW This is great. I recently downloaded the Quake Reforged pack and was just blown away. The start map with Rygel's was all flat looking on the walls and the Quake Reforged textures were really full of depth. The bricks even had shape and texture.

Comment

qrp is the only map texture sry one ever used. it always has a spot in any of my hd builds.
                      My Avatars!
                      Quake Leagues
                      Quake 1.5!!!
                      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

just added a mostly complete list for mission-pack2 dissolution of eternity!

still need to add hud-items later.

some items are also still absent from the list but i'm having trouble finding working downloads for them,
                        and i dun want to post items with links for which there are no working downloads available

EDIT: just added hud-items and a few missing items like my lava-SNG which uses plagues weapon-model!
                        which means the list is now pretty much complete!
                        Last edited by talisa; 06-04-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

This may be a stupid question.

Alright I have a good set up put together for Quake and all of the .pk3 files are compatible friendly but I get this weird ass behavior. Any time I start a new game it takes a good 15 minutes to load E1M1 and when it does the game runs like hell on earth chopping left and right. The weird thing is if I just let myself get killed and respawn it runs like a million dollars with no skipping or anything and it seems though all other maps load up just fine and fast. Is this a bug or a glitch or is it normal for darkplaces to take that long just to start E1M1 for some crazy off the wall reason?

Comment

the more HD content you add, the longer loading of maps will take
                            cuz the engine need to precache every single model and texture included

so longer load-times for maps are def to be expected with the more HD content you use, but it shouldnt take 15minutes.
                            is your harddisk very full? if so, try removing some stuff from your HDD which takes up a lot of space, and defragment your harddisk

no idea why your E1M1 might have bad performance first time.
                            you mentioned before that you are using a laptop. laptops are in general not very powerfull,
                            so id recommend to try running without using RT-lights, reliefmapping and DP-pretty-water and teleporter-shaders.

and be sure to also disable realtime world, having it enabled without using RT-lights will give even worse performance
                            cuz every single normal light-entity in the map gets converted to be a realtime light by the engine.

Comment

This is what I got.

So far this is all I have in my id1 folder
                              deluxemaps_id1
                              DP-New-Lava-V0.3-Seven
                              dpwater0.55 (set on lowest resolution)
                              id1_teleporter
                              Inkub0-rtlights-2.0
                              JoequakeMENUS+Moon[Drunk]HUD
                              ooppee-barrels-with-shader
                              QRP_health_10and25andRuohis100_textures_plus_norma ls
                              QRP_map_textures_v.1.00
                              QRP_normalmap_textures_add-on_v.1.00
                              Quake_V4.80_small-mod-compilation_Seven
                              shader-animated-b_boxes-ID1
                              Starter Kit - multiskin+multimodel ID1 monsters Seven V4.80
                              Weapon-Pack-Example-for-new-powerup-effect
                              z96_Reflecting&animated only

I put the names just as they said straight from download so you would know exactly what I have. Would this be enough to slow my loading time down that much you think? To be honest it really seems to do it while loading diffrent models from the smc like the spider,soldier1 and things like that but Seven had said that the smc shouldn't really make a diffrence as to the games performance itself.

Comment

what about wood's ctf HD pak?
                                Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Working...
                                X