Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talisa
    replied
    sounds like the DP build you are using might be buggy

try using the DP build linked at the top of this thread instead

also, thanx for mentioning the broken links... ill see about creating a dropbox mirror for them later...
    once i found out where on my hard-drive those particular files might be

Leave a comment:

• enderandrew
    replied
    The Reflecting Overload thread is closed so I can't respond there, but even the "fixed" version of the script needs another fix.

^7scripts/Reflecting_overload_DP_2016_fixed.shader parsing error - expected "{", found "textures/beam4s"

Looks like you need to delete the bracket on line 649.

Some of the downloads are broken:

* Some of the teleporter downloads
    * Several of the skies downloads (including Moon[Drunk]'s & jeank's Mix)
    * Ranger HUD Face

Since most of these mods are hosted on free file sharing sites that expire, can we get them moved to another site like the DP site or QuakeAddicted?

Lastly, I downloaded most of these yesterday. I was extracting all the .pk3 files looking for file conflicts, looking at textures and deciding which to use, etc. In the end I also had a script named zombie_Trinity.shader broken. I don't know where it came from or how to fix it. Does anyone know where that came from?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    in the case of inkub0's RTlights, the cube-maps included are used to make certain lights cast a very specific shape of shadow/light,
    something which otherwise wouldnt be possibly due to the simplicity of the structure's of quake's maps

like for example right here in the start-map, a cubemap is used to make a fake shadow of the frame of the stained-glass window be cast onto the floor

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    a cubemap is a set of 6 textures that define the logical faces of a cube. basically the same idea as skyboxes.
    they're really useful for projections on realtime lights, but they can also be used for other things like pre-rendered reflections or other things where 3d directions are important regardless of distance.

in terms of realtime lights, they're projected according to a cube orientated with the forward+right+up vectors of whatever entity that the light is attached to.
    use an entity with a dynamic rtlight with a cubemap, and you can give that entity an avelocity or whatever and have the light spin at some rate (eg: a soft circle on the +/- x faces), and you have some spinning warning lights.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifex
    replied
    Quick question about cubemaps:

What exactly are they? Files allowing for additional lighting/shadowing coming from certain textures such as the windows/grates?

Are there any additional cubemaps that I should be downloading or including in my high-resolution set? I know inkub0's rtlights have some cubemaps in them. Not sure if there are any additional ones anywhere that I haven't seen.
    Last edited by Lucifex; 11-01-2016, 01:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Massao
    replied
    Good work putting this out, will sure help new and old players who want a high res Quake!

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Originally posted by nahuel View Post
    @q_spam_q are you another bot or another moron?
    Any particular reason you're so aggressive towards this ? Be cool, man.

Originally posted by Q_Spawn_Q View Post
    is there a guide for dummies like me?
    Nope. You'll have to browse the help threads with keywords of what you're looking for, and if you're out of luck you can always ask people.
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-19-2016, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    @q_spam_q are you another bot or another moron?

Leave a comment:

• Q_Spawn_Q
    replied
    This is awesome stuff but is there a guide for dummies like me?

Leave a comment:

• quadrocket
    replied
    thanks blood vengeance i'm trying finish a skin for the authentic model replacement solder hope to have it done tonight

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    I like a lot that scrag: bloody and disgusting

Leave a comment:

• quadrocket
    replied
    Thank you again you have bin very helpful

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    at top-left of the site, there's 'quake community'. there, select 'forums'

scroll down untill you see "Quake Mod Releases" and there select either 'finished works' or 'works in progress' sub-forum,
    post any works you make in either of them depending on which suits what you created best.

seeing you said you are working on more skins, i suggest going with 'works-in-progress'

once you are in the 'works-in-progress' sub-forum, there will be a "new thread" button all the way at top-left which allows you to make a new thread for your works

Leave a comment:

• quadrocket
    replied
    Ok thank you for getting back to me so fast talisa i'll do that. Now i hate to be a bother and this may be stupid but could you direct me to where i create a thread. I see the thread tools at the top but create new doesn't seem to be an option.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    hmm... it would be better to start your own thread to make your items easy to find cuz
    you will be able to continuously edit the first post to update it when you make new stuff.

posting your works in another thread like this can cause the item to get lost over time,
    lots of additional posts can cause your post to get pushed back and your items will be difficult to find
    and people will end up having to search all through a thread to find that one post with your item,
    especially if they are posted in massive threads this can be a serious frequent issue.

so it would be best to create a thread of your own to post your skins there,
    to prevent the items from getting lost among all of the posts in a huge thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X