Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing textures?

So, I need a little help here, kinda new to the modding thing... I've installed a lot of the files from this "definitive set", and I run it through DarkPlaces, and it looks AMAZING(great work guys!!!) but with a couple exceptions. It seems there are certain wall textures that won't load... Namely some of the "tech" and "twall" textures, I noticed this in E1M1 and E2M1, the more "installation" like maps I have sections with the grey and white checkerboard... I took a few screenshots of what's happening, any help would be much appreciated.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Comment

@ritzbitz
      this would be related to webangel's animated-reflecting-overload pack
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-overload.html

you can find the reason for your problem right in the first post in webangels thread
      Originally posted by webangel View Post

You have to enable your DDS feature with:

"r_texture_dds_load" "1"

Type this into the console or into your config.cfg AND RESTART your Darkplaces!!!
      webangels pack uses DDS textures, and if you dont enable this cvar darkplaces will show these checkered stand-in textures instead
      Last edited by talisa; 08-02-2014, 01:19 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Did anyone ever make a high-res skin for the Mummy in Rogue? The Mummy is just a different skin for the zombie.

Comment

@Talisa, got it thanks!

Comment

@ritzbitz
            sure thing, glad to be able to help

@lightning
            no, the mummy from ROGUE/DOE is one of the only few remaining monsters for which no HD textures have been made sadly...

nergal from reforged has been busy making HD textures for monsters from ROGUE lately , and he has made nearly all of them except for mummy.
            so hopefully in the near future he'll make one for the mummy as well
            Last edited by talisa; 08-03-2014, 09:22 AM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

NO. There IS a QRP mummy texture!!!!!!!! Allow me to point you in the direction of this bad boy:

Mummy

Very few people know about this texture for some reason, and I've yet to see it ANYWHERE on this forum.

Screenshots here if you want: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...eimagined.html
              Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
                NO. There IS a QRP mummy texture!!!!!!!! Allow me to point you in the direction of this bad boy:

Mummy

Very few people know about this texture for some reason, and I've yet to see it ANYWHERE on this forum.

Screenshots here if you want: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...eimagined.html
                No, sorry but you are wrong. You linked the textures from Quake Reforged Alternate Zombie. Not QRP.

Here you can find the original d/l:
                Quake Reforged - Bestiary - Quake - The Zombie

I use it myself for the zombie btw.

Comment

as webangel already said, thats indeed not a mummy-texture but an alternate texture for zombie from reforged

you can use it as texture for the mummy cuz the mummy uses the zombie's model,
                  but the texture is not made to represent reforged's interpretation of the mummy.

hopefully one day nergal will make a HD texture for mummy though.
                  lately he's been busy with textures for all other enemies of ROGUE so chances are high he'll make it
                  Last edited by talisa; 08-03-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

talisa i think you were working on making all the gun packs work with the new power up effects for the smc did you finish that? it may be a good thing to list in the first posts too and with all the new castle maps right now im gonna go hack up some knights! do you think you could add the power up effect to you sward too? thanks for putting all this together in one post!

Comment

• @JD
                      no i havent done that and dun recall i ever said i would

i have however updated the axe i made for use with the effect and the reflect-version of plague's SNG to support the Q3quad effect.
                      plague SNG reflect
                      axe

the problem with weapons and the Q3quad effect is that some people (like me) like to use a mix of weapon-models from different packs, and the thing with some models being mdl and others md3 which makes that packs are incompatible with each other

either way, sure ill update my sword to support the Q3quad effect when i get back from vacation friday! just poke me friday about it to remind me to update the weapon

and i could look into updating both ruohis' and plague's weapon-packs for use with the Q3quad effect, its an easy process which only takes a couple minutes to do when you know what to do.

people will still have to go through the effort of combining contents of the updated packs themselves if they wish to use different models or a mix of models from different packs.

if i forget about updating both weapon-packs, just poke me saturday about it
                      Last edited by talisa; 08-04-2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone done a zombie model at all? I thought that would be pretty basic.
                        I've just been following this thread and re-pimping my Quake

I've followed the instructions in the lighting packs and I still get what looks to be regular Quake lighting. At least it dosen't look like some of the screen shots on the forum. Is there anything obvious I need to put in the config file?

Oh, I may be able to do something about that PM I sent you about the Hell Knight. Stay tuned!

Comment

• I was hoping the "Authentic Model Improvement" thread would come to that someday because the reforged zombie textures are phenomenal, but unfortunately it has been abandoned. So I guess the answer here is a flat out no. :\
                          Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

• my bad i thought that was something you were working on...

Comment

• No, that was Capn Bubs.

Comment

• @TM
                                nope, afaik nobody has ever made a hi-poly zombie model
                                yeah should be pretty basic, the zombie is realy just a super-skinny human

about the lightning:
                                go into options > effects ,and then in that menu about halfway down there will be a line 'polygon lightning'
                                try enabling it, that will give you the new fancy bolt that you also see in most screenshots.
                                i assume that is the bolt you saw in screenshots and were looking for?
                                if so, that bolt is a feature from darkplaces and not a replacement model that you can download anywhere

and you can tweak the look of the bolt with the sliders a bit below
                                'thickness' will make the bolt thicker or thinner
                                'scroll' will be the speed at which the texture on the bolt moves
                                'repeat dist' is how often the texture gets repeated along the length of bolt
                                and with 'red' , 'green' & 'blue' you can change the tint of the bolt

cant wait to see more updates on that deathknight you were working on!
                                it looked awesome already before and would love to see any updates,
                                and i cant wait till the day you'll finish it and we can have a hi-poly hellknight

if you get it to a beta stage id gladly help test it in-game

the rottweiler is also another model that nobody has made in HD btw!
                                capnbubs has made an 'authentic improved' version of it which looks a bit better then original cuz its slightly more hi-poly and doesnt have the horrible texture-stretching of original, but its still quite low-poly.

i know at one point OoPpEe was making one, and iirc ruohis was working on a HD dog too at one point, but sadly both of them abandoned their work before it was done

would also like to see a hi-poly dog some day myself, although knight&deathknight and zombie imo have higher priority since they are used more often and we have capnbubs 'authentic improved' version of dog, and the dog that seven converted from a quake2 mod
                                Last edited by talisa; 08-06-2014, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X