Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just updated my quake with some different stuff you saved me a bunch of time with your post! ty

Comment

• glad my thread helped you with that,
      cuz that was exactly the purpose of this thread
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thought I would pop in, great thread.

Hrm there is the .ent files seven, daniocampo, and I did too which add snow/rain and fog.
        Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• @roy
          thanx

and yeah i know, i didnt add those to the list cuz they require usage of seven's SMC.
          in this thread i only listed stuff which is made for use with stock quake.

i do intend though to add a section some time where ill add stuff like SMC and stuff for use with the SMC
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• there is a set of ent files in the animated texchers download...

Comment

• @JD
              well true, but the animated and reflecting textures dont require the usage of the included ent-files

the included ent-files are for additional map-effects and not required for the animated&reflecting textures add-on to work

Comment

• just added ruohis alternate weapon-sets from 2004 which seven pointed out to the list

they have a very Q3A feel to them imo and they look good,
                very interesting weapon-models which are worth taking a look at!

Comment

• Awesome list, talisa! But I found 3 bad thread links:

Originally posted by talisa
                  webangel has made some fancy shaders for hipnotics purple portal-texture and the bloody liquid texture which is used in HIP3M4
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...n-liquids.html
                  Here's the correct link: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...n-liquids.html

OoPpEe aka lambenthammerburst has made a pack with hi-poly weapon-replacements for hipnotic, which compliment ruohis models for quake perfectly
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...pons-pack.html
                  Here's the correct link: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...pons-pack.html

alternately, Nergal from reforged team also made a pack of HD skins for hipnotics monsters, which are more fancy and have the typical reforged style to them.
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...html#post97942
                  Here's the correct link: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...html#post97942

Now you can fix those links from the SOA section post with the correct ones.

Comment

• @SDY
                    ah thanx for pointing out those errors. no idea how that happened

links are fixed now

Comment

• I can't believe 4 months have passed by since you uploaded those screens o.o. It feels like 1 month.

Comment

• how time flies, right?

shame its been rather silent lately here,
                        hasnt been anything new made by anyone to add to the list in months
                        Last edited by talisa; 01-11-2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Any alternate armor models in any of these ?

Comment

• @cobalt
                            uhm.... no, not afaik

i know there is the one by ruohis.
                            and i recall seven once posted a pic of an alternate armor-model which featured triple-plate shoulderpads

EDIT:
                            managed to find it said armor-model through google! (check next post)
                            Last edited by talisa; 01-11-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• nvm i already managed to find it through using google...

the armor i mean was made by plague

the model is included in the 'DM pack', which you can get right from plague's website:
                              Plague'sPak
                              Last edited by talisa; 01-11-2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Talasia,nice screenshot - yes, I too found that one in Plagues Pak. Good idea to add it to the list of stuff you put up.

(although Xage apparently dont like this Armor - hehe)

I also saw a QW alternate armor that will work in Quake / DP"

QuakeWorld GFX - Models / Armor / Armor Replacement

That one is kinda neat as you can see right through the sides for the arms. Although they didnt do that for the top and bottom.

Finally there are Q3'ish styles in Electro's old Quake1 Arena conversion which Xage helped me find the latest one a few months back, so I posted it to Quaketastic: [ removed as per Talisa request ]

Was not sure if there was any in your resources so wanted to be sure. If you wanna post a 3d screenshot like you did for the one you found, may also be useful to people.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                                nvm i already managed to find it through using google...

the armor i mean was made by plague

the model is included in the 'DM pack', which you can get right from plague's website:
                                Plague'sPak
                                Last edited by Cobalt; 01-11-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X