Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@monoz
    have a link for me?

if you can give me a link to where the files can be aqcuired i will add them to list

preferable link to thread or site where people can find em, and not direct link to files
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

For better performance, the first thing to disable is reliefmapping, after that you can try disabling shadowmaps and realtime world shadows.

Realtime lights *without shadows* should be bearable.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Great list

But you forgot my eel again Talisa
        Last edited by webangel; 06-05-2014, 12:31 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

@webangel
          ah you are right... i indeed didnt add it to the list.
          the only one enemy i forgot!

will add it to the list right away

EDIT: nvm statues were by reforged!

i recall also that you and seven once also made a HD texture for rogue sword.
          do you happen to know where it was posted again? i didnt add it cuz i dun recall where it was posted

do you also recall where to find the standalone version of the lava-nailgun with cracks for use without SMC?
          i could only find the lava-SNG with cracks but not the lava-nailgun with cracks
          Last edited by talisa; 06-04-2014, 03:46 PM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

This is a pretty beefy compendium, nice work!
            www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
              @webangel
              i recall also that you and seven once also made a HD texture for rogue sword.
              do you happen to know where it was posted again? i didnt add it cuz i dun recall where it was posted

do you also recall where to find the standalone version of the lava-nailgun with cracks for use without SMC?
              i could only find the lava-SNG with cracks but not the lava-nailgun with cracks
              I think the sword texteres were in the smc tread. But where? idk sure.

Which lava nailgun? OoPpEes or my modified shader experiment?

Comment

Speaking of...

I love the lava nail gun and super nail gun like no other, I was wondering if it's possible to use it in the standard Quake rather than the add on? I know it seems rather pointless I just like the way it looks.
                Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

Sure! Start rogue and type "map e1m1" in your console.
                  You have to cheat, but it should be the easiest way.

Comment

@webangel
                    yeah i thought they were either posted in SMC or in reforged thread, but i couldnt find the posts anywhere anymore

talking about both versions i suppose
                    both versions would be nice to be able to link in the thread.
                    the lava-nailgun with glow and cracks, and the versions of both lava-NG and lava-SNG with shader-anims

@killpixel
                    thanx! hope it will help a lot of people to find the HD stuff they've been looking for

Comment

I found my modified versions in OoPpEes thread of his pitch black super ng:
                      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-type-1-a.html

But the links are down and I cant edit or repost because of this stupid autolocking.

Video.

Download:
                      Edit: Link removed

I hope this is the right file and not the broken one.

Im still searching the swords (arent they in Sevens Starter Kit?) and LHBs NG!
                      Last edited by webangel; 06-06-2014, 01:11 PM.

Comment

yeah i found your posts about shader-anim versions there too, in that thread.
                        but the links in that thread were broken

just checked the file you linked.
                        the lava-SNG is the one shown in the pic you also linked,
                        but the lava-NG seems to be an older version which doesnt have the cracks like in pic

you happen to have the newer version like in the pic anywhere by chance?

yeah that auto-locking of threads is seriously annoying, more then once ive been unable to post in threads cuz of that the system auto-locked the thread
                        why in the hell does it even do that? it has absolutely no purpose and is just seriously annoying to not be able to reply in a thread anymore

about swords:
                        yeah they are included in the multiskin starters-kit seven included with SMC,
                        but i dun wanna link the SMC and tell people to download a huge rar just to get their hands on those skins if there is a possibility they are available still seperately.

if neither of us can find the downloads i might just re-pack them and upload them to my dropbox as stand-alone download perhaps

Comment

I cant find a other version from this, but as you know I had some HD troubles.
                          There must be some stand alone versions from the sword. I have to take a look.
                          I hope someone else have this files.

Give me some time to search please.

Originally posted by talisa View Post

yeah that auto-locking of threads is seriously annoying, more then once ive been unable to post in threads cuz of that the system auto-locked the thread
                          why in the hell does it even do that? it has absolutely no purpose and is just seriously annoying to not be able to reply in a thread anymore
                          I cant even change my own threads. This is annoying!

Comment

found a copy of the Lava Nailgun with cracks.

Edit says: "Link Removed"

Dont tried it yet but I hope this is the right file.... Cant find other versions.
                            Later I will search on my NAS. Perhaps I can find more backups.
                            Last edited by webangel; 06-06-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

@WebAngel
                              awesum!

just checked it and its the version without shader-anim though,
                              but still great that you found copy of lava-NG with cracks still

but save yourself effort of searching any more,
                              ill just take both versions and combine them into version with cracks and shader-anim

EDIT: just edited them and added both animated and not-animated versions to list, with dropbox mirrors for both
                              thanx again webangel for providing me with these versions <3

PS mebbe you can remove your links webangel? to avoid confusion, cuz your first link is wrong file
                              Last edited by talisa; 06-06-2014, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Found the Sword textures Seven made with me and some materials which I dont know if they are released yet.

https://anonfiles.com/file/210cdec66...64235fb91a75e5

I hope Seven doesn't mind...

Nergal released his Orgre Boss, so I can upload my variation from his textures.

Screenshot

Download

and here is my statues variaton with gibs.

Screenshots

The old links are all dead
                                Last edited by webangel; 06-06-2014, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X