Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiya romi, good to see you back indeed like gdiddy said.
    your great RT-lights set a good standard for realtime lighting in DP.

you're welcome for the list, hope itll be very helpfull to you

nowadays there isnt to much activity here at quakeone sadly in terms of creation of any HD stuff, but from time to time people make something.

not long ago i myself made some HD-stuff for use with quoth:http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...use-quoth.html

and ive made a couple hi-poly models for the second mission-pack
    lantern: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...e-lantern.html
    buzzsaw: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...e-buzzsaw.html
    pendulum: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-pendulum.html

would be interested to see what you did with your updated RT-lights
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

krymzon45 notified me that the links in FCZ's 'dp glossy materials' are all broken, so ive made a mirror to them for y'all

added link to mirror of the file right below the link to FCZ's thread
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Different Nail mdl?

Alright I have noticed with all the new mdl's and textures so far I have seen 2 nail looks. One is the one I currently have with the square end sporting the Quake logo and the other a smooth looking round ended one. For the round one do I have to have a specific weapon pack or is this just from a completely different texture pack altogether? I know this is kind of a dumb question to everyone that has been around doing this forever but I was just wanting to know in case I just felt like using the other at one point or another.
        Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

nah, the nail-model is independant of the weapon-pack

you could just use whichever nail-model you like best, its not like as if you also have to use it in combination with a specific weapon-model

the nail-models are called spike.mdl and s_spike.mdl

i personally have no idea in which pack the square one you talk about is, although i know which model you mean, ive seen it before.

but the round nail is from ruohis, its included in his 'objects pack'
          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...is-models.html

EDIT: just noticed that the link in that thread is down,
          allow me to make a dropbox mirror of it: ruohis objects pack
          Last edited by talisa; 07-13-2014, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks!

The square spikes with the quake logo on the end are from the Plagues-Weapons pack. The spike looks great and seemingly highly detailed all around. It's more like a big heavy looking railroad spike sporting the Quake logo. I just think the round ones look neater but I am having a hard time choosing which one I like best thus far.

Comment

ah yes that doesnt surprise me at all that taht model would be in plague's pack,
              seeing all of his weapon-models all are more blocky-looking as well

suppose it all comes down to preference... if you want something that looks more authentic and rough,
              or a model which looks more fancy and looks like an actual nail like the ones used in construction.

i personally love the idea of them being actual huge nails.

Comment

Well His models are ok.

The thing I like about hid models pack is the muzzle flash that shoots the flame out of the barrel lol. As far as other model packs for weapons how many are there to choose from? If you know of a few I would appreciate a point in the direction as I am always looking for something different that may suit my tastes a bit better.

Comment

@krymzon
                  check back at top the second post in this thread, there you will find all available weapon-models

there's ruohis' HD models, plague's HD models and orion's debugged models

and there's also the axe from the shamblers castle doom3 mod, which OoPpEe converted for use in DP
                  you can find link to that axe over at 'monsters' section

oh, and almost forgot.... there is also a medieval axe i made myself:
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...other-axe.html

just realized i completely forgot about adding link to that axe i made myself

EDIT: and i also completely forgot i also made a sword replacement for the axe:
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post140072
                  Last edited by talisa; 07-13-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Nice Job!

The sword looks pretty wild I'm going to try it out.

Comment

thanx, its a model i made myself. its based on the skyforge steel sword from skyrim

Comment

Hey there Talisa.

I have a problem when trying to use the Shambler's Castle Axe and your sword. Neither one shows up. I keep getting my default axe that appears in Seven's SMC. I even made copies of my weapon pk3 and removed all axe modles and textures but I still keep getting the axe from Seven's SMC. Is there a way I must disable it or do I have to remove it from his SMC?

Comment

you probably have the extended glowing feature of the axe enabled, which forces you to use a different axe-model included with SMC

in your autoexec.cfg find the line set zombieaxeanimation and set it to 0
                          then the SMC will use the default model again and you'll be able to use my sword and axe

Comment

Got it.

Thank you! I never even thought about the glowing axe feature being enabled.

Comment

sure thing, glad to be able to help

if you're new and arent familiar with all the features from the SMC it can be confusing at times. im a long-time user (and biggest fan) of seven's SMC so if you need help with features of it you can always ask me for help as well

Comment

just added pringles man's alternate version of OoPpEe's lasercannon to the list of weapons in MP1:SoA/HIPNOTIC thread

Comment

Working...
                                X