Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• added woods' CTF textures to the list, which vegetous was so kind to share:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post156610

great to finally have these ctf textures available again,
    its something i been wanting to be able to add to the list since the start
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hi,

Decided to revisit Quake as it's been well over 15 years since I played it last. Thanks for this brilliant list, it's given me a pretty good idea of how I want my playthorugh to feel like. I got the map and item textures plus some effects set up.
      Can't get SMC and reflective overload to work though. SMC does not seem to load at all and reflective overload shows some components missing. I'm following the instructions from their respective readme files. Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Comment

• the SMC supports everything whats needed for the reflecting-overload effects,
        so try to add a 'Z' to the start of the SMC pk3 so it gets loaded AFTER the reflecting overload which should fix your problem

the problem you are experiencing is caused by the fact reflecting-overload also includes a progs.dat inside the pk3,
        and only a single progs.dat can be read at once. if multiple are found only the last one found overrides all others.

darkplaces loads everything inside your ID1 folder in alphabetic order,
        and thus the overload pk3 gets loaded AFTER the SMC pk3 because the SMC pk3 name starts with a Q and the overload pk3 name starts with an R,

so you have to force the engine to load the SMC pk3 AFTER the overload pk3 by adding a 'Z' to the start of the file-name
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Good list!

Someone who actually downloads all this, organize into a folder and upload to https://mega.co.nz/ please and share the link!

ideally most of these would be available in gfx.quakeworld.nu website. Some caring sould can help on that?...
          never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

• I've retrieved some of the downloads and gathered them here
            https://mega.co.nz/#F!S5AS2YDJ!upmNXNdkRahBI7OrvhCRAA
            never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

• @mushi
              ty for the effort, but any addons from which the original download-links expired are mirrored already to my dropbox,
              as download-links on dropbox dont expire as the files are linked to my account and thus they will always remain available.

your mega-link also doesnt work it would seem,
              when i open the page it just shows some grey circle loading icon forever and absolutely nothing happens regardless of how long i wait.

if there are any addons in my list through from which the original download-links expired,
              please do let me know and i will create a mirror of the files to my dropbox

Comment

• I dunno why it doesnt work for you. maybe you have to get a mega account ?

I have most files there, and everyone can download all of them at once using "download as zip".
                good speeds too,

Comment

• I can confirm that that mega link (or whatever) does work. I would bet that it is not available in Talisa's country...maybe
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• ah i just tried again and the link does work fine now.

perhaps mega just happened to be having some problems last time i tried
                    Last edited by talisa; 05-11-2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Hi! I'm making papercraft models. I've tried to rip models from Quake game many hours but I couldn't make it. So I got request. Can somebody send me original models from Q1? I need only models with some neutral pose with textures in .obj format. I can make other things when I have it so I can build real 3d model from paper. If someone could help, please.
                      Thank you very much in advance!!
                      [email protected]

Comment

• @shatzoo
                        noesis can read many different model-formats and convert them to obj: Noesis

Comment

• talisa thanks a lot! You really helped me. I can save models but without textures. When I will save them with textures then my dream will come true!!! Thanks again!

Comment

• just added the custom headgib i made to go with FrederikH's shambler to the list

Comment

• talisa, once again thanks!!! I'm making papercraft grunt. I have half of him. Everything is going great. Last thing I need to do is to export .obj with other poses, not only with neutral standing pose. Maybe you have some advice because export from preview doesn't work in Noesis. Thanks.

Comment

• if you want papercraft models, someone has already made those of all quake-monsters long ago

searching for them i found out the site where the person uploaded his papercrafts to is no more though.

so i uploaded all of them for ya to my dropbox
                                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xpkm5rvdc...sw0pS3P7a?dl=0

Comment

Working...
                                X