Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: What's the bit depth of these _luma textures, 24 or 32? My main laptop's PSU is busted so I can't check it myself right now.

I know they're fully opaque, but I don't know if there's really no alpha channel in their files. I'm currently writing proper support for them.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube

Comment

• just checked and according to ACDsee the luma-maps are 24bit TGA's
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I don't know if this is the rite place to post this but here is an old HD reskin of mine for the original scrag/wizard mdl not a lot of real artwork to this one i Mostly just cut and pasted it together from pics i found online
        Last edited by quadrocket; 10-12-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• ill add a mention of it to the list with link to your post
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
            ill add a mention of it to the list with link to your post
            Thank you thats very nice of you. So i'm new here and don't know how things are done is posting my skins here ok or should i be starting my own thread? Cause i have more and i'm working on others.

Comment

• hmm... it would be better to start your own thread to make your items easy to find cuz
              you will be able to continuously edit the first post to update it when you make new stuff.

posting your works in another thread like this can cause the item to get lost over time,
              lots of additional posts can cause your post to get pushed back and your items will be difficult to find
              and people will end up having to search all through a thread to find that one post with your item,
              especially if they are posted in massive threads this can be a serious frequent issue.

so it would be best to create a thread of your own to post your skins there,
              to prevent the items from getting lost among all of the posts in a huge thread.

Comment

• Ok thank you for getting back to me so fast talisa i'll do that. Now i hate to be a bother and this may be stupid but could you direct me to where i create a thread. I see the thread tools at the top but create new doesn't seem to be an option.

Comment

• at top-left of the site, there's 'quake community'. there, select 'forums'

scroll down untill you see "Quake Mod Releases" and there select either 'finished works' or 'works in progress' sub-forum,
                  post any works you make in either of them depending on which suits what you created best.

seeing you said you are working on more skins, i suggest going with 'works-in-progress'

once you are in the 'works-in-progress' sub-forum, there will be a "new thread" button all the way at top-left which allows you to make a new thread for your works

Comment

• Thank you again you have bin very helpful

Comment

• I like a lot that scrag: bloody and disgusting
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• thanks blood vengeance i'm trying finish a skin for the authentic model replacement solder hope to have it done tonight

Comment

• This is awesome stuff but is there a guide for dummies like me?

Comment

• @q_spam_q are you another bot or another moron?
                            the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                              @q_spam_q are you another bot or another moron?
                              Any particular reason you're so aggressive towards this ? Be cool, man.

Originally posted by Q_Spawn_Q View Post
                              is there a guide for dummies like me?
                              Nope. You'll have to browse the help threads with keywords of what you're looking for, and if you're out of luck you can always ask people.
                              Last edited by Mugwump; 10-19-2016, 08:34 PM.
                              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• Good work putting this out, will sure help new and old players who want a high res Quake!

Comment

Working...
                                X