Monsters stuck/frozen in place?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters stuck/frozen in place?...

It seems since I installed the SMC I get an issue happening more often where monsters will be stuck or frozen in place. They'll go through the animations and will fire/attack, but they will be unable to move from the place they were spawned. Any fix to this?

Yes, uninstall SMC and play Quake instead.
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

open the autoexec with note pad and look for

Code:
      /////// Monster size adjustments  (I do not recommend to go much higher than 150%)
      set demon_size 2     			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set demon_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set demon_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set dog_size 2     			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set dog_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set dog_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set enforcer_size 2			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set enforcer_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set enforcer_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set fish_size 3 			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 125%    2= random size between 100% and 140%     3= random size between 100% and 150%     4= random size between 100% and 170%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set fish_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set fish_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set hknight_size 2			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set hknight_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set hknight_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set knight_size 2			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set knight_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set knight_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set ogre_size 2				//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set ogre_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set ogre_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set shalrath_size 2			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set shalrath_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set shalrath_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set shambler_size 2			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set shambler_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set shambler_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set soldier_size 2 			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set soldier_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set soldier_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set tarbaby_size 3			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set tarbaby_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set tarbaby_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set wizard_size 3			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set wizard_size_influenced_health 0	//  0= monster keep its given health values   1= raise monsterīs health according to its size 
      set wizard_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      set zombie_size 2			//  0= monster has original Quake size     1= random size between 100% and 115%    2= random size between 100% and 120%     3= random size between 100% and 125%     4= random size between 100% and 133%     5 and more = give monster a specific size: 100% + [value] (Example: a value of '50' makes this monster 150% in size :-)
      set zombie_size_influenced_attack 0	//  0= monster keep its given attack values   1= raise monsterīs attack values according to its size
      reset all the size numbers to "0"
      the map your playing has monsters starting to close to a wall and/or to big to make it throw the doors. this would be my best guess hope that helps.

Comment

I just wanted to say that I have experienced the same type of problem myself... At first, I thought that it was an Easter Egg! I thought that I had activated a secret switch and, as a result, some of the monsters have become frozen! I didn't know that this was a glitch from the SMC.
        "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by RitzBitz View Post
          It seems since I installed the SMC I get an issue happening more often where monsters will be stuck or frozen in place. They'll go through the animations and will fire/attack, but they will be unable to move from the place they were spawned. Any fix to this?
          Yes, read the included readme.txt
          It will tell you exactly what to do.
          Hint: (Pay attention to the paragraph that starts with: "!!! ATTENTION !!! :")
          Hint 2: (Read point no.4)

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
          Yes, uninstall SMC and play Quake instead.
          +1

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
          I just wanted to say that I have experienced the same type of problem myself... At first, I thought that it was an Easter Egg! I thought that I had activated a secret switch and, as a result, some of the monsters have become frozen! I didn't know that this was a glitch from the SMC.
          Why should it be a glitch from the SMC ?
          If you use the SMC correctly, everything will be fine.
          *Promised*

Comment

Working...
          X