Darkplaces dynamic sunlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkplaces dynamic sunlight

I was trying to search for this but I couldn't find much on it, is there any way to create a light in DP that acts as a sun, except it uses dynamic shadows instead of using a compiler with sunlight support?

I did find this, but this is done qith Q3BSP i believe, which i haven't used because i use trenchbroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Usnj80PhU

EDITED

try using
    r_shadows 2
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Not quite what I'm looking for, that seems to cast a fake play shadow beneath the player, while I'm looking for a dynamic sunlight that cast shadows on the whole map

Comment

well in the video the sunlight seems a rtlight placed in some place of the map.

Look this example in blackdays (using darkplaces engine)

You only need a big map, after you will put the sun (in this case, Raton -the mapper- also uses coronas)

For this example Black days is not in full rtlight mode, it uses lightmaps and rtlights (you can use both)

syluxman2803

Comment

I've been messing with other stuff for a long time so, I can't give you a perfect answer but, couldn't you just make a spotlight (or many) and simply give it delay & wait that fakes sunlight.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I've actually been using a RT light really high in the sky for sunlight, I was just wondering if there was any better way since it doesn't work the best for noon-type lighting.

It's possible to make RTLights into spotlights?

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodshot View Post
              I've actually been using a RT light really high in the sky for sunlight, I was just wondering if there was any better way since it doesn't work the best for noon-type lighting.

It's possible to make RTLights into spotlights?
              off course, you can assigne it a cubemap

syluxman2803

Comment

The Blood Omnicide game uses Darkplaces and has wonderful dynamic sunlight

Watch the first minute of this clip to see it:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=METuciFfBKQ

It has a downloadable Demo already, so check it how how they did it.

Anyway,
                A better place to ask these kind of questions might be at func msgboard or insideqc.

Good luck.

Comment

kleshik also has dynamic sorta day-to-night cycle thing,

where any map will slowly turn to pitch-black over time
                  and you need to use your flashlight to see
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                  X