No announcement yet.

320x240 fullscren in winquake possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 320x240 fullscren in winquake possible?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK...ew?usp=sharing

For some reason winquake lets me play windowed in the resolution i need, but not in fullscreen. 320x175 doesnt just look bad because it doesnt fit on my 5:4 monitor, it also expectedly crashes the game with a coordinate drawing error whenever i try to play multiplayer or even exit the game.

Is there a way to get 320x240 (Ideally 320x256, but I guess that doesnt exist) running in fullscreen?

Using -dibonly allows for 320x240, but that puts weirdly colorful pixels everywhere.

Thanks for reading.
    Just found a solution when i wasnt even looking for it. I tried to slim down my gog quake directory which consists out of a mess of files generated for all sorts of different versions the game to only those files requiered to run winquake, and that resulted in proper video modes being displayed. If youre having the same trouble with the gog version, you need to copy the following files to a new directory only and run the game from there, or alternativley just delete everything else in the directory if you dont care about the other versions.

id1 (folder, containging the .pak files)
    music (folder, files need to be downloaded seperately)
    libogg-0.dll
    libvorbis-0.dll
    libvorbisfile-3.dll
    pmpro16.dll
    pmpro32.dll
    wdir16.dll
    wdir32.dll
    wdirnop.com
    winmm.dll (Not strictly necessary, only if you want music. Needs to be renamed from _winmm.dll)
    winquake.exe
    Last edited by boristhesp1der; 10-15-2016, 04:57 AM.

I actually wanted this too, to play in that resolution. I found it difficult or it's non existent in some engines but in others that don't play well online or lack certain settings (or maybe I don't know).

It would be grand if qrack would support this in a future update, as it pretty much does have everything else already - has tons of features and settings
    The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

I truely think its based on the operating system, and or gfx drivers.
      Qrack can support 320x200 and up, it wasnt until recently that some modes are unavailable.

i'll try to verify this as i have a win98, a win xp, win7 and a win10 machine. and linux
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Yea let's do VGA pixelation, err.. pretend I got a Pentium ok? Hey I dont have money for a Pentium Pro yet, maybe next summer?

Btw, lowering the resolution always shrinks the screen with black edges around it and it doesnt go lower than 640x480 I think in your newest qrack (the one you have linked in your sig)

Thanks for the support

Comment

ya just noticed, i must have messed with something

Comment

Also worthy of mentioning is that there is a bug which causes a mouse freeze if you alt+tab

I think this is pretty annoying as maybe you want to browse the web a little while waiting for a game and not have to relaunch quake every time to play a game

Comment

@gem
              just make sure to press esc to go into the menu before alt-tabbing,
              the mouse-aiming bug wont happen then
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

gem what os are you using? I've tested build 5267 on my windoes xp system and 640x480 works fullscreen. On my windows 10 system it centers the image with a 6 inch black border around the screen. not sure if it's an Nvidia driver/setting or windows shit support for opengl.

Comment

press alt key again and mouse should come back. someone else told me that
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Ok I will try those suggestions, I don't remember what key I was pressing before, maybe the console?lol

Err.. I neither have WinXP or 10, I got 7 and ati gfx card

Comment

I only play on my Pentium 100 via 56k dialup for that authentic Quake v1.01 experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X