Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best setup for music files w/ DarkPlaces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best setup for music files w/ DarkPlaces?

I'm having trouble getting the mission pack soundtrack to play when playing either of the MPs. My file setup is:

Original NIN music: Quake/id1/music/track02.ogg->track11.ogg

Mission packs: Quake/hipnotic/music/track02.ogg->track09.ogg and the same for Rogue/DoE.

With this setup, I have no problem hearing the NIN tracks in the original game and Episode 5: DoPa, but the mission packs also play the NIN tracks rather than their own tracks; is there a different file setup that would correct this?

If it helps, I'm running the MPs using a DarkPlaces shortcut with the extension -game hipnotic or -game rogue.
    Last edited by Duncan Doenitz; 12-10-2016, 06:09 AM.

faketracks have lots of alternatives. music/track%i.ogg is not DP's first choice as far as I'm aware.
    check for Quake/id1/sounds/cdtracks/track???.ogg
    Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
      faketracks have lots of alternatives. music/track%i.ogg is not DP's first choice as far as I'm aware.
      check for Quake/id1/sounds/cdtracks/track???.ogg
      Ok, changing the format of the filename fixed it. Thanks!

Comment

just use the music-packs here, they are all setup in an easy to use pk3
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sic-packs.html

just need to drop each pk3 your ID1 / hipnotic / rogue folder and thats it

also, dont use the -game parameter for playing the official mission-packs,
        instead of -game hipnotic and -game rogue, just use -hipnotic and -rogue

-game should only be used for playing mods, the official mission-packs dont require usage of -game
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
        X