Compiling woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiling woes

Ah ok, my map is having issues, or i am, the result's the same.

I have a large, complicated and messy map. I'm using Jackhammer, with BSP2 compatible tools: TxQBSP2 1.13, LightBSP2 1.43 and WVisBSP2 2.31.

I've not touched the map for a while before last week, since when I've made quite a few changes. I've been vis-ing on 'fast' and just doing some testing.

Anyway yesterday I made a bunch of changes, including deleting a big hole in the ground that had a fire effect in, and a cellar room which had a large and small trigger, controlling a message and a door.

After which I replaced the area where the hole was with solid ground, and copy and pasted a building into the empty space as placeholder.

And then I compiled. I got a 'reached occupant' and a leak error, which prevented it vis-ing. The map is 'boxed' in at the moment, which I re-did just to be sure, and there were definitely no leaks to void.

Not being entirely sure when the error started, and I checked that a couple of new lights were not in a brush, and then removed the placeholder building. I then lost the leak warning, but the 'reached occupant' remained and it didn't write a .prt, did write a .pts and didn't vis.

A bit of googling suggested that you can get a leak if an entity is outside the map, but I couldn't find one. I've also looked for triggers outside but there are none, I've also checked that all the entities present in the map are functioning properly and complete. All seems good

Currently I don't get an error but I get a warning: "Reached occupant at (-1766 2201 85), light"

Going there on the map shows the light source functioning fine (it's not a triggerable light), and no possible leak nearby.

Although qbsp doesn't mention a leak now, it doesn't write a .prt, but does write a .pts. On loading the point file, I get a nice zig-zaggy path, which ends outside the map at a point where there's nothing present, and a start point near to a rotating door entity, which again is working fine. (I've tried deleting it, and it makes no difference)

Any tips for solving this reached occupant problem, or a nice "do A, B, C and it will all be fine" ( ) would be smashing.

hello ajay, nice to see you in action again!!

did you try different compilers??

what abut https://github.com/ericwa/tyrutils-ericw/releases?

or hmap2 https://icculus.org/twilight/darkpla...ld20121222.zip?
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Dude!! The tyrutils tools worked like a charm! No idea why the old ones didn't, but worked first time.

Seemed faster too. Many, many thanks

Comment

The only slight problem is that rotating doors don't work; they're not solid either?

Comment

if your map-mod is darkplaces specific you can use avelocity for SOLID_BSP entities

what rotating door code are you using?
          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

I've been using the HL rotating things from QuakeLife by avirox. It works but texture alignment's a pain, so I'd happily change to something else

Comment

Working...
            X