Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkplaces/Steam Version with Dark Hour Addon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkplaces/Steam Version with Dark Hour Addon?

Hey friends!

Recently I've been getting into the orignal Quake game quite a bit and playing through a number of addons and mission packs for the first game, however I've hit a bit of a brick wall with Dark Hour, I have the CD version of Dark Hour and Steam version of Quake. I was wondering if its possible to somehow install or bypass the menu for level installation and load the levels in the addon, and if so, how?

Many thanks,

MrMFretwell

Hello MrMFretwell,

Create a subfolder within your id1 folder and call it: maps
    Now copy all of the maps (.bsp files) from your Map-Compilation CD into the new subfolder: maps
    Now visit this page and you will find what you need to comfortable load each individual map via a nice and easy GUI.

Have fun,
    Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
      Hello MrMFretwell,

Create a subfolder within your id1 folder and call it: maps
      Now copy all of the maps (.bsp files) from your Map-Compilation CD into the new subfolder: maps
      Now visit this page and you will find what you need to comfortable load each individual map via a nice and easy GUI.

Have fun,
      Seven
      Worked a treat, thanks!

Comment

Never played Dark Hour, how is it? I've heard mixed reviews about it
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
          From this it looks pretty horrible: VALHALLA AWAITS | QuakeWiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
          Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
            I sat down today and played through the full singleplayer 'campaign' if you can call it that. It was sort of a mish mash of levels with nothing in common and no story. That said, it did provide some challenge, and in my opinion was slightly better than Abyss of Pandemonium which I don't think has held up as well. Towards the end it just became very throw tons of enemies at you. But for a retro collector such as myself the 5 pounds I spent on it was worth it. Looking forward to checking Aftershock for Quake next and then wrapping up with the mod I've heard great reviews of, Arcane Dimensions?

Overall: 5/10 - Not the worst ever Quake I've come across, but far from the best, its just a map pack CD basically.

Hope that helps,

Fret

Comment

Hello MrMFretwell,

The maps in Dark Hour are indeed only a mix of maps that were available at that time. The quality is rather poor.

If you are looking for other single player maps and campaigns, there is no other comparable map resource than this:
              https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/
              There are so many maps, that you cannot play them in your lifetime.

If you want to focus on high rated maps, please click on the "Users´" Tab on the far right of the list and it will sort it in the order of ratings.
              Beginning with czg´s map: "Honey"
              Continuing with necro´s: "Ruins - Altar of storms"
              Followed by "Rubicon Rumble Pack", "Insomnia", "Travail", "Rapture", "Day of the lords", "Beyond Belief", etc.

You cannot afford to miss any of these fan made maps. They are one of the best single player maps ever created !

Just follow the sorted list at quaddicted.com from top down and you will have an amazing time with Quake.

Have fun,
              Seven

Comment

Working...
              X