Auto-enable cheats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-enable cheats?

I get that I can add 'bind g god' to my autoexec file, but that still means I have to enable God mode on each and every level.

Is there no way to auto-enable God mode globally, like there is in Quake 2?

p.s. also infinite ammo

p.p.s. does anyone know about the Quakespasm variables vid_fsaa, r_novis, etc - they aren't documented anywhere. Should vid_fsaa be set to 1 to enable it, or 8 to denote 8x FSAA ?

Thanks

r_novis is an old command that forces the entire level to be drawn. Normally rooms far away aren't drawn, since the wall in front of your face is blocking them. It is a necessary command to see through water on the original levels, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by daninthemix View Post
      I get that I can add 'bind g god' to my autoexec file, but that still means I have to enable God mode on each and every level.

p.s. also infinite ammo

p.p.s. does anyone know about the Quakespasm variables vid_fsaa, r_novis, etc - they aren't documented anywhere. Should vid_fsaa be set to 1 to enable it, or 8 to denote 8x FSAA ?

Thanks
      Info here from ericw via a post at func_mssgboard:

You can add -fsaa 8 (or whatever value) to the command line, or set the vid_fsaa cvar, and restart the engine.

I tried putting it in the menu, there were some bugs making the menu setting unreliable, so for now it requires a restart.

Func_Msgboard: General Abuse

There's no "infinite ammo" command. Just Impulse 9 for "Give All Weapons and Ammo" No global godmode command either. Play like a MAN dammit!!!
      Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Originally posted by daninthemix View Post

p.s. also infinite ammo
        This is an old post but maybe someone will find this reply useful.

I was able to setup infinite ammo quite easily. I edited id1/config.cfg and changed the following:
        bind MOUSE1 "+attack; give c 999; give n 999; give s 999; give r 999 "
        This simply pushes ammo to the max (231) with every attack. If (like me) you hold the mouse button down for continuous attack, the ammo will refill either when you let go of the button, or when ammo reaches zero and the game attempts to cycle to a different weapon -- but because the ammo will no longer be zero, your weapon won't be cycled and your ammo will still be refilled.

Note: This misbehave with Thunderbolt in water because that discharges all ammo (batteries) in one shot. It will refill the ammo but won't prevent weapon change.

---------------------------- EXTRA INFO -----------------------

I also have the following in config.cfg, just for added convenience:
        bind g "god "
        bind q "impulse 9 "

I've also changed the F2 and F3 keys. Most players should NOT do this, but since I'm playing Godmode with infinite ammo, I find this very convenient, because individual save/load is slightly more annoying:
        bind F2 "echo Quicksaving...; wait; save quick "
        bind F3 "echo Quickloading...; wait; load quick "

If you want multiple "quick" saves, you can bind F5-F9 to "save s#" where # is 0-4. You'll need to bind different keys to load them or you can load them from the menu.

As an aside, my autoexec.cfg includes:
        load quick
        This starts up my quicksave automatically upon startup.

For some reason, aliases are not saved in config.cfg. They also don't load properly from autoexec.cfg or even an external cfg. If they did, aliases would be the "correct" way to do this.

For Godmode there is no workaround. I just hit g every time a new map starts (or after I die and smack my forehead for forgetting to hit it). I could also combine god and impulse 9 into one binding.

Install Info: I'm playing the very old DOS version 1.01 of the game. I don't have the gog/steam versions or any enhanced editions. No mods installed.
        Last edited by gibberishh; 12-04-2023, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X