Trenchbroom and doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trenchbroom and doors

I know this is probably a simple answer but I am not really finding a simple guide for making doors in trenchbroom. I am make them open to the left and thats about it. How do I make "Doom" style doors? I have read I have to change the angle but when i enter a number into the angle property in TB2 i get doors that move in and out....Thanks for the tips and tricks in advanced!

make your doors be a func_plat instead of func_door, which allows the doors to open vertically instead

or you could even make doors open in litterally ANY direction by using func_train and only using one path_corner,
    which is how the hypnotic team made the huge diagonally-opening doors in HIP1M3
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

How would you make split doors? Thank you for the pointers!

Comment

Draw your door brush. Split the brush where you want the door to be cut. Now turn each brush into a separate func_door. Do not group them as one func_door. You do not need to make them func_plats. Angle -1 makes a door go "up" the z axis. Angle -2 makes it go "down" the z axis. In order to understand the other angles you need to know what direction the doors are facing and will go. Enter an angle of 90. Look at the white direction arrow rendered in the center of the door, it will move. Now change it to 180 and it will move again. This is the direction the door will open to.

The two side by side doors must be touching and seperate func_doors. The angles must be opposite each other, eg 90 and 270 or -1 and -2 to open in the correct directions.

Literally all doors on my map use 0 and 180, 90 and 270 etc as angles. I hope this helps you.

Redfield.

Comment

Now that's a very clear and concise explanation. You should write tutorials!
          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

The doors can also go in non-cardinal directions in the x-y planes (example: 215 degrees). If you're into maps that aren't totally square, that would be useful.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Awesome thank you for the information Redfield! As a poster said before that was very clear and easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by davebeats83 View Post
                Awesome thank you for the information Redfield! As a poster said before that was very clear and easy to understand.
                Dave are you on func_mssgboard? If not here is the TB thread there. very helpful!

Func_Msgboard: The TrenchBroom Level Editor
                Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Originally posted by dumptruck_ds View Post
                  Dave are you on func_mssgboard? If not here is the TB thread there. very helpful!

Func_Msgboard: The TrenchBroom Level Editor
                  No I am not but thank you for the link! I will check it out.

Comment

Yeah, you should consider signing up there. Func_ is the home for Quake mappers.

Comment

@Davebeats

Be warned. func_mssgbaord is not for the faint of heart. There are some brutal "personalities" there. (check out the beef thread!) But you'll get used to it. 99% of the time people are cool and helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by dumptruck_ds View Post
                        There are some brutal "personalities" there.
                        Haha, yeah, I know it all too much - I'm Mugwump there. You probably will have to stomach some trolling, but said trolls are only a handful and the benefits are invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                          Haha, yeah, I know it all too much - I'm Mugwump there. You probably will have to stomach some trolling, but said trolls are only a handful and the benefits are invaluable.
                          haha I just kinda trolled you in a response there!

Comment

Hah yeah, no worries - when I said trolling I was referring to mean and spiteful things.

Comment

Lol biggest reason why I'm mostly just a viewer over at func...sometimes I lack the restraint to tell people to fuck off, and I have zero patience for arrogant personalities, which I often see a lot of over there (mostly the same few individuals).

I don't think I could keep my mouth shut. Fortunately, that kind of thing is few and far in-between here. Sure, we have little squabbles, but at the end of the day everyone here is pretty tight and kick-back.
                              'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Working...
                              X