Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Jackhammer was right about rebooting the computer. I originally still couldn't get it to work with the command line correct, but now I have it working.

I ended up having the old version of Qrack, so it'll take a bit to get used to the new setup, but I think I've officially switched to Qrack from DP as my primary client.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      ProQuake initializes twice because it is using the FitzQuake style startup routine. It is doing the ProQuake default resolution of 640 x 480 and then reading the config and changing the video mode (a 2nd video initialization).
      Correct, Baker ill have to shoot u my vid_wgl.c file. It ignores all cvar defaults and uses the "current" desktop settings instead.

The reason that it's resetting the vid twice is; once at default (even if the refresh isnt current), then secondly to make everything sync to the cfg/commandline/desktop.

This new method checks
      1.> is width same as current
      and/or
      2.> is height same as current
      and
      3.> bpp same as current?
      and
      4.> refreshrate same as current?
      if not then shut down the video, and restart.

the problem was i forgot to check for refreshrate on startup, so the
      current Hz was ALWAYS not equal to "default" cvar value of 59. Thus, it was resetting the video again at startup even if the settings were in the command line or the .cfg And some cards didnt like base rate of 59hz thus the DIB errors.

So basically if i set, -width 640 - height 480 and nothing else in my commandline then, it will set the refreshrate and the bpp equal to the desktop values, or if those are out of limits it scans the mode array for the best values
      Last edited by R00k; 02-19-2008, 09:02 PM.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
        Correct, Baker ill have to shoot u my vid_wgl.c file. It ignores all cvar defaults and uses the "current" desktop settings instead.

The reason that it's resetting the vid twice is; once at default (even if the refresh isnt current), then secondly to make everything sync to the cfg/commandline/desktop.

This new method checks
        1.> is width same as current
        and/or
        2.> is height same as current
        and
        3.> bpp same as current?
        and
        4.> refreshrate same as current?
        if not then shut down the video, and restart.

the problem was i forgot to check for refreshrate on startup, so the
        current Hz was ALWAYS not equal to "default" cvar value of 59. Thus, it was resetting the video again at startup even if the settings were in the command line or the .cfg And some cards didnt like base rate of 59hz thus the DIB errors.

So basically if i set, -width 640 - height 480 and nothing else in my commandline then, it will set the refreshrate and the bpp equal to the desktop values, or if those are out of limits it scans the mode array for the best values
        Interesting stuff!

So Qrack loads like lightning because it isn't actually changing the resolution, I assume. Nice trick.

With that blazing fast load speed, I'm almost tempted to make that method the default in ProQuake, hehehe. I can't believe how fast it loads.

The first time I started Qrack 1.85 I was like "Hmmm ... that seemed fast. Was I paying attention or distracted? I better start it again and watch." ... and then a few seconds later ... "OMG! It did load that fast!"
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Finn View Post
          Having a problem w/ Qrack, it says when i try to run it...
          Quake Error: Couldn't set fullscreen DIB mode.

I usually use WQPro, and Joequake runs just fine. Any ideas?

Hi, i have the same problem, just with GL JoeQuake,
          and the answers in here, *other one says something, another says something completely diffrent*, its confusing, im a newb and i wish there were a simple
          step-by-step solution. In the beginning, the game started well, played for a couple of days, then the error began to pop up, idk y.. & its on windows vista :d . On a laptop.
          Either way, NOW I CANT PLAY IT ANYMORE, ERROR "COULND'T SET FULLSCREEN DIB MODE" KEEPS APPEARING! =)

Comment

lol i think its a labtop thing cos i had the same for almost every client BUT qrack

you have to make a short cut on desktop and make hight and with specifications in the commnd line thing

like mine but with your screen size/settings:

C:\Users\alex\Desktop\quake\mhglqr8.exe -window -height 750 -width 1280

Comment

Originally posted by Piitaq87 View Post
              Hi, i have the same problem, just with GL JoeQuake,
              and the answers in here, *other one says something, another says something completely diffrent*, its confusing, im a newb and i wish there were a simple
              step-by-step solution. In the beginning, the game started well, played for a couple of days, then the error began to pop up, idk y.. & its on windows vista :d . On a laptop.
              Either way, NOW I CANT PLAY IT ANYMORE, ERROR "COULND'T SET FULLSCREEN DIB MODE" KEEPS APPEARING! =)
              if all else fails try -current in the command line.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
              X