X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMobile
    replied
    Hey guys!

Just a quick update from 2020! I ve been enjoying Quake yet again with a friend over the internet.
    I can CONFRIM ezquake works perfectly with Coop-play and with Mission packs.
    For anyone who may need this: qwprogs. Works with fuhquake, ezquake and some others.
    Readme file included.
    http://shub-hub.com/files/mods_singl...ks.qwprogs.zip

Additionally to start a mission pack: You will need to create a .bat file with something like this as command line
    "C:\Quake\glqwcl.exe -game hipnotic -hipnotic +deathmatch 0 +map start" for Coop play.
    Your EzQuake client must not be higher than 1.8.2 otherwise you ll get bugs.
    I renamed the original ezquake file to glqwcl for this to work back in 2007, I don't remember why I did it but there must be a reason! In any way, it still works.
    Hope it will help someone!
    Lets go Quake, still kicking.

P.S. I ve been trying to play quake the way it SHOULD be played using winquake and glquake. I managed to find a fix glquake, it works perfectly with brightness, controls, mouse look, resolution and everything on Windows 7 64-bit.
    However having applied all port forwarding procedures and starting a dedicated server , my friend is still stuck on "Connection accepted". Using glquake. Any thoughts guys?
    I find it annoying that when you are using quake world for single player when you die you do not start again from the beginning, you are allowed to continue the level.

Regards,
    F.Mobile
    Last edited by FMobile; 04-03-2020, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rigel
    replied
    Seeing how people are already talking about official mission packs, can anyone tell why the third pack, abyss of pandemonium, was cancelled? some history on the subject would be greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Deadeye
    replied
    I got MP1 and MP2 to work using the latest version of ProQuake as the engine.

Leave a comment:

• BioHazard
    replied
    So, after reading this topic, the missionpacks in the ezquake client are bugged, right? I start a game with Scourge of Armagon on it, but it seems you can't complete the second level of the first episode because a lot of switches don't work (like the one that active the bridge)...even are missed all the new enemies and new weapons...

Leave a comment:

• papamac67
    replied
    ThanX!

Leave a comment:

• FC Zvyozdochka
    replied
    Here you are. This one is from "rain-SoA-start+episode1-full-v1.02.pk3" pack, you can find it here on the forum.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• papamac67
    replied
    Zvyozdochka...your "DoE start.ent" you uploaded fixed this same problem for me...Thanx! I'm still having the issue with SoA...do you have one for that too?...or anyone?

Leave a comment:

• gdiddy62
    replied
    Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• FC Zvyozdochka
    replied
    Originally posted by Bloodshot View Post
    Are you using any graphical mods like reflecting overload?

Using that mod made me fall through the floor in MP1 because it was changing the original start map which has the same name I believe, I imagine its the same with MP2.
    I have had the same problem.

That's because engine can't find entity file for the SoA start map, so it uses start.ent file for the original id map. Geometries of these levels are different and spawn places are strictly specified in start.ent - so you spawn in "wrong" place, which is under the floor, and then you fall down.

The cure is to use "right" start.ent for MP1. Search through the forum to find one with weather effects, it works good for me.

---
    I just found that still there are no weather effects for DoE, so here is "right" ent file for its start map without any effects, but at least working one. Place it in the rogue/maps folder and than everything works in proper way.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 01-14-2012, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bloodshot
    replied
    Are you using any graphical mods like reflecting overload?

Using that mod made me fall through the floor in MP1 because it was changing the original start map which has the same name I believe, I imagine its the same with MP2.

Leave a comment:

• gdiddy62
    replied
    Don't know if this has been in this forum before but this is weird. I am playing rogue and when I start a new game I fall through the floor of the map like it is an editor. What do I need to do to get this to quit?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    They may not have a progs.dat in their folder. If they have a pak0.pak - many times it's inside of that.

Leave a comment:

• Roy Batty
    replied
    Sure thing, I always check the readme's.

Most of if not all the commercial ones I have don't have any progs.dat though?

Maybe I need to look harder in the dirs.

I'm having a problem with Malice though, it added a bunch of extra keys/bins to the game for various things, I'll have to tinker with it to make it work. Can it have it's own autoexec.cfg ?

Also where does Dark Places keep it's config.cfg on windows 7 x64, I can't find it.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello Roy Batty,

Almost every new fan-made map pack is a "mod".
    As soon as it contains an own progs.dat it needs the extention.
    (because you must extract it in its own subfolder (beside the ID1 one)).

Of course you can start these mods also via ingame "Browse Mods" option in DarkPlaces.
    But I always use the shortcut/extension for them.
    DarkPlaces can always be used for these mods.

Be sure to read the readme´s of these "map packs"/"mods".
    They explain more than you think

Best wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Roy Batty
    replied
    Nice, I have several packs for it. Gonna try em out =]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X